Metal TEST Squadron Logos - Batch #2 coming soon!

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Thanks to everyone that pre-ordered in batch 1! I really appreciate the opportunity to share these with the community! Since we didn't quite hit 10, I'm going to make a couple extras of each size for anyone that still wants one. Shoot me a PM on here if interested.

Next Steps: This weekend, I'll get all the metal pieces of the logos cut, prepped and sanded. Early next week I'll begin the finishing process, weather permitting. If all goes well, I should have the shipping estimates and final invoices ready by next weekend. I'll update this thread with pictures of status updates, as I progress.

International Buyers:
I'm still working on a way to get these to the international folks. The main hang-up is VAT. I don't have away to collect and pay VAT. I've been told that if I don't pay it, then my carrier will bill me. I've also been told that by not paying it up front, that the packages could be delayed or returned, including fines. UPS is my preferred carrier, but haven't given me a straight answer. I've looked into other carriers, but nothing is set in stone yet. I will continue to work on this and keep you all posted. If anyone has specific experience with this, I'd love to hear about it.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I am not a guru but in the UK we pay VAT on imported goods at the point of entry to the UK (shipping yard or airport). So if you sold something for 200 dollars including shipping, we would pay you 200 dollars via paypal and you would post it to us. That's your job done. Then when the goods arrive in the UK and they realise we paid 200 dollars for it they will add 20% for VAT and then add an import duty on top. We pay customs the money though, not you and customs pay the VAT to the government and keep the profit (duty etc).

You don't charge VAT to us as British VAT does not exist where you are from. (you may have to charge us for any local taxes you may incur though, not 100% sure about that one that's for you over there to figure out!).

Either way it's the shipping plus vat plus import duty on top of your price that's the killer for us - it can make something be, pretty much double the price. :(

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I have had good luck buying things internationally and them being shipped with DHL, but not sure how they would work shipping from the US, could be worth reaching out too.

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Tonight’s progress. All of the preorders have been cut! They’re now soaking in vinegar to remove mill-scale, so that they can be painted.

More pics and updates to come.

Attachments

Last edited:

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
I'll be sure to come to check when the intl is on the table, as others mentioned we get the privilege of paying extra tax on stuff just because we want to spend some money we already paid tax on.

Reactions: Doc Flanigan

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Man it’s been a hectic week. Not only hectic, but also the weather was not cooperating. After many failed attempts at painting these, I finally gave up. The temps and humidity were wreaking havoc on the finish of the paint.

Sooo… these will no longer be painted. They’ll be powder coated! It’s costs me a bit more, but will give you a better, more durable product in the end.

All that being said, the powder coater came in clutch to get all these done very quickly. Unfortunately, we’ve had a death in the family and will be out of town this weekend.

I will get everyone’s shipping cost and final invoice prepared next week! So sorry for the delay!

D439DB99-81E6-4677-B883-1914792360BF.jpeg

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Man it’s been a hectic week. Not only hectic, but also the weather was not cooperating. After many failed attempts at painting these, I finally gave up. The temps and humidity were wreaking havoc on the finish of the paint.

Sooo… these will no longer be painted. They’ll be powder coated! It’s costs me a bit more, but will give you a better, more durable product in the end.

All that being said, the powder coater came in clutch to get all these done very quickly. Unfortunately, we’ve had a death in the family and will be out of town this weekend.

I will get everyone’s shipping cost and final invoice prepared next week! So sorry for the delay!

View attachment 21674
Doc Flanigan, you have my most sincere condolences. 🙏

Those are very beautifull piece of arts !

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I think powder coating the right way to go. Should last a long time and you can just give them 5 or 20 or 50 signs and they'll bang through them whilst you sit back drinking your beer counting all your PROFITS

/ferengi

Reactions: Bambooza

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
I think powder coating the right way to go. Should last a long time and you can just give them 5 or 20 or 50 signs and they'll bang through them whilst you sit back drinking your beer counting all your PROFITS

/ferengi
Outsourcing the powder coating definitely makes it easier, but comes at an additional expense that I hadn't accounted for. I may be re-evaluating the prices on the next batches.

• Love
Reactions: BUTUZ

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
All US orders have been shipped. Tracking provided via private message.

I've got 1 large logo and 2 small logos left, if anyone wants. These will be first come, first served. US Only.

Small is $55 + shipping.
Large is $90 + shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUTUZ
Forgot your password?