Mining Comsumables - Datamined from 2019

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Take this with a massive salt but there was a leak posted in discord about the Mole possibly having Size 2 mining lasers while the Prospector would have S1. My first thought was that it immediately puts it above and beyond the Prospector or a small group of them in capability as far as much larger rocks go. Then I wondered if the extraction lasers will allow us to pull in larger fragments during extraction without having to break the rocks down as small as we have to for the Prospector.

After that It seemed logical that we may see some very large rocks now to mine if the lasers really are S2. But they would have to be worth it.

CIG mentioned this in the Friday question and answer video i.e. he Mole will have size 2 mining lasers. As you say what this means we do not know yet but makes the mole a more obvious upgrade.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
From Reddit:

Oh good, they have charges! Although I wonder if they can be installed on the fly or if you need to have it stored like regular components. Probably the latter until physicalized components are in. Would be nice to just reinstall or switch them out as needed.

Anyone know what the "heat generation" does? Is that just referring to the ship's IR signature?

Reactions: Deroth

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Oh good, they have charges! Although I wonder if they can be installed on the fly or if you need to have it stored like regular components. Probably the latter until physicalized components are in. Would be nice to just reinstall or switch them out as needed.

Anyone know what the "heat generation" does? Is that just referring to the ship's IR signature?
They made it sound like they can be equipped on the fly but we'll see when it goes to PTU.

Heat may be IR sig or was changed to another name.

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?