Miss Temporary Voice Channels from Mumble? Vote for this Discord Feature!

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Link: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/10995384-allow-for-creation-of-temporary-sub-channels

Temporary voice channels were one of the awesomest features of Mumble, allowing any member to quickly open a voice channel and invite everyone to play game and chit chat together. If you are interested in this sort of feature in Discord please head over to link and vote!

No need to create accounts, you just have to sign in (which is done automatically if you are already using discord).

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
oh sweet tits, lets bring this back!

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Link: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/10995384-allow-for-creation-of-temporary-sub-channels

Temporary voice channels were one of the awesomest features of Mumble, allowing any member to quickly open a voice channel and invite everyone to play game and chit chat together. If you are interested in this sort of feature in Discord please head over to link and vote!

No need to create accounts, you just have to sign in (which is done automatically if you are already using discord).
Please my noobness but don't we have that now? I am able to create 1 or more 'Servers' - use them - then delete any or all when I am finished with them. I do this now and find it easy to do. The only inconvenience is having to send the link invite. The advantage would be to create a Server for the crew of a ship(s) and only send the invite once, similar to the party system in the PU.

I have voted for this feature to be included in Discord however.
CORRECTION: I tried to vote but it seems that I require a Facebook account. That is not going to happen.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Please my noobness but don't we have that now? I am able to create 1 or more 'Servers' - use them - then delete any or all when I am finished with them. I do this now and find it easy to do. The only inconvenience is having to send the link invite. The advantage would be to create a Server for the crew of a ship(s) and only send the invite once, similar to the party system in the PU.

I have voted for this feature to be included in Discord however.
CORRECTION: I tried to vote but it seems that I require a Facebook account. That is not going to happen.
The benefit is that a temporary channel would be easily visible from the main TEST Discord. So instead of creating your server and then having to pass around the link, you can just create the temp channel, broadcast in General for people to hop down for your game, and it's all done.

Forgot your password?