MOAR SPACE GAMES!! [Sid Meier's Starships]

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd

LINK TO GAMESPOT ADD

Well, you know when Sid get's up in the mix that Space is certainly where the industry is heading. I think it has a lot to do with stuff like SpaceX, Rosetta, Interstellar, Mars One, and of course Star Citizen, oh and I guess Elite Dangerous a little bit too, though I know that about only 1/10 of my gamer friends (they are mostly lame League/Dota, WoW guys TBH) have even heard of Elite Dangerous. They have all heard of Star Citizen. Most don't know that it is going to be the most insane and epic game ever, but they have at least heard of it.

I think this is cool though.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperHornet

SuperHornet

Commander
Jan 11, 2015
RSI Handle
-
Well, you know when Sid get's up in the mix that Space is certainly where the industry is heading. I think it has a lot to do with stuff like SpaceX, Rosetta, Interstellar, Mars One, and of course Star Citizen, oh and I guess Elite Dangerous a little bit too, though I know that about only 1/10 of my gamer friends (they are mostly lame League/Dota, WoW guys TBH) have even heard of Elite Dangerous. They have all heard of Star Citizen. Most don't know that it is going to be the most insane and epic game ever, but they have at least heard of it.

I think this is cool though.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this analysis.

Hollywood is kind of lagging behind here, but I started to see them trying with the visual effects (and big draw-in names) of Gravity, Interstellar, and Jupiter Ascending....

For me, personally, though, those names are just too well known to be believable.

When I see Mcconaughey, I still think "Dazed and Confused" (1993)

When I see Sandra Bullock, I still think "The Net" (1995) and "Demolition Man" (1993)

When I see Mila Kunis, I still think -you got it- "That 70's Show".

I'm just going to keep waiting for Star Citizen.

Reactions: CitizenDad

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
I wish they put more effort into Beyond Earth, wasn't crap but not worth the pricetag. Looking at the bottom screenshots, I'm pretty sure this is a another retextured version of Civ... I'm very skeptical.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd

I think this is cool though.

I totally agree with this analysis.

Hollywood is kind of lagging behind here, but I started to see them trying with the visual effects (and big draw-in names) of Gravity, Interstellar, and Jupiter Ascending....

For me, personally, though, those names are just too well known to be believable.

When I see Mcconaughey, I still think "Dazed and Confused" (1993)

When I see Sandra Bullock, I still think "The Net" (1995) and "Demolition Man" (1993)

When I see Mila Kunis, I still think -you got it- "That 70's Show".

I'm just going to keep waiting for Star Citizen.[/QUOTE]

IDGAF how many damn emmy's or whatever Matt Mcconaughey gets, he will always be David Wooderson from Dazed and confused. That movie made me wish I was born in my dad's era. For sure. Going to actually watch that this week if I can find sometime.

And yeah, Sandra probably looks better now than she ever has and she sure has learned to act right? I still have no idea what that retard Jesse James was thinking.

Mila.. Oh Mila how far you have come. Still a little firecracker for sure.

But yeah, I will probably play the shit out of this spaceship game unless Star Citizen has enough FPS, Racing content going by then. Not sure one when this one might even come out.

I wish they put more effort into Beyond Earth, wasn't crap but not worth the pricetag. Looking at the bottom screenshots, I'm pretty sure this is a another retextured version of Civ... I'm very skeptical.
This times One Million brother. What a fucking let down. I have not even attempted to play it again. Those of us with 144Hz Displays and Nvidia GPU's were pretty much fucked. Also, the balance as so bad, and the patch took FOREVER. Super let down man. I think Sid is phonin' it in for the most part these days.

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
I mean, if the developers read the forums/subreddit for there games you'd be able to figure out pretty quickly how to make another kickass civ. But, why make what people want? Random new features that sound cool in headlines are more important!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I will definitely be paying attention to this. I'm pretty willing to give any Sid Meier game a good looking at. I remember playing the original Civilization in the morning before going to school. Good times, especially when you had something ridiculous like a fortified veteran Phalanx on a mountain behind city walls defeating a battleship or something. Unless of course, if you're the battleship.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
I doubt I'll do more than watch a brief gameplay vid. Just from looking at it I can tell it's little more than a reskin for Civ5, just like Civ Beyond Earth, except with space as the map, and planets as the cities, and probably a few little details changed.

Forgot your password?