Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Monday Movie Madness

This will be our fourth official TEST movie night! Very happy you guys are having a ton of fun joining me on these movie nights, hopefully I can keep it going for you guys. <3

Some things you should know:

All you need is your browser to join in.
You don't need to sign up for anything, you only submit a temporary username - no password or account required.
You can vote for THREE movies in the poll, please use all of them up!
Please join mumble and prepare for the movie, if you're late that's fine, come join in anyways!
I know you all love to chat, but keep it movie-oriented and minimal. Use your best judgement when speaking over the microphone.
Movie time: 5/25 6PM EST

Last but not least, have fun and bring snacks!

Reactions: mindfart

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
I can finally make it to one of these. Being on the West coast I'm usually far from being done at work, but tomorrow is a holiday so I'll try to make it!

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
I have never heard of Wolfcop so I looked it up... This looks what I like to call "good crap" and I will see this when I get a chance.

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
Is there a non-Bowie version of Labyrinth I'm not aware of ( and if so is it like the Kris Kristofferson-free version of Payback or a completely different rendition)?

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Is there a non-Bowie version of Labyrinth I'm not aware of ( and if so is it like the Kris Kristofferson-free version of Payback or a completely different rendition)?
Pan's Labyrinth it's nothing like the original at all I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I am disappointed that Fury is getting hardly any votes, and that Battleship is not getting enough love to win.

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
What's wrong with Shia LaBeouf?
He's a very talented actor in the proper role that is actually a massive prick a lot of the time. One example of a proper role for him was Holes. I enjoyed him in Eagle Eye even if the premise of the plot itself is contrived. Apparently The Battle of Shaker Heights was very good as was his performance in it (I've never seen it).

Then again my opinion is pretty pointless since I'll be just starting work at 1900 Eastern on Monday. If anybody is going to be up at 0300 though I'll be just getting off work.

Fuck I hate swing.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
He's a very talented actor in the proper role that is actually a massive prick a lot of the time. One example of a proper role for him was Holes. I enjoyed him in Eagle Eye even if the premise of the plot itself is contrived. Apparently The Battle of Shaker Heights was very good as was his performance in it (I've never seen it).

Then again my opinion is pretty pointless since I'll be just starting work at 1900 Eastern on Monday. If anybody is going to be up at 0300 though I'll be just getting off work.

Fuck I hate swing.
His performance was good in Fury as well.

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
As good as Fury was:
I just did not get it. The plot was as thin as my hair line and it seemed like it was just a vehicle to blow shit up which is a very good reason for a movie none the less. Not to mention the characters were well thought out and acted. I guess I just wanted more substance. Maybe if they made it a two part story or trilogy starting in boot camp or maybe even North Africa to allow it to build up. I really felt like something was missing when it was over. Wouldn't it have been awesome to get to know the character('s) before Shia LeBeouf so that you could feel what the crew felt?

Last edited:

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Just a notification, Movie Night begins shortly! Please join Mumble to get further instruction. The movie we'll be watching tonight is Total Recall.

Forgot your password?