Mount and Blade 2

Szioul

Space Marshal
Oct 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Szioul
I've been having an absolute blast with it for the last week. It's still very much an early access game. Most features are incomplete, or missing altogether. Like, I think there were 9 skill perks total that worked, and they just raised that to 12 in the last patch. The main quest, which is technically optional, is only partially implemented. The mechanics for running a player kingdom are only partly functional. I think they only started looking at balancing the single player, once it hit early access.

I got it the moment it became available, since I was long time fan of the series. (Bought the original when it was 0.3-something. Way before Early Access games were even a thing.) Well, half an hour after. The amount of people trying to buy it, actually brought down the Steam payment servers. I think Steam became unavailable for a moment and after that people couldn't get their payments to go through. The Taleworlds website went down instantly. I don't know how long it was down, but after half an hour I realised it might be just the European Cloudflare server. I managed to use a VPN to connect through the US servers. :D

Compared to Warband, the potential for greatness is definitely there. Modding capability was one of the key priorities, which is showing already. It's only been a week, but there are a ton of small mods made for it already. Most of them garbage, but still.

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I watched a few hours of streams, and I'm starting like it. I've never played the previous games but heard a lot about them being awesome, but the cult following was something that turned me away more than it drew me in.
But this looks like kinda fun! I just wish I had time for it.

Reactions: Aramsolari

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I watched a few hours of streams, and I'm starting like it. I've never played the previous games but heard a lot about them being awesome, but the cult following was something that turned me away more than it drew me in.
But this looks like kinda fun! I just wish I had time for it.
It's still a bit buggy and there are a ton of unfinished features. That said, its a fun sandbox game!

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
This game is really good. One of the best or maybe the best game I've picked up in the last few years. You can play 1st or 3rd person, you can do trade, compete in tournaments, lead huge armies, do quests, take over the world, run around as a bandit, etc.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I think I saw Lefty playing this. Who else is cutting down starving peasants with heavily armed and armored Knights? Who else is oppressing the peasantry?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4hS6z_HLLk
I simply love M&B, having played that game for almost 15 years.
I can say i was waiting for Bannerlord like crazy (this and crusader kings 3 this year BABY !!!) 🤩

Whatever the state of the release is i'm happy with it and the various patches coming nicely since then.

Reactions: Szioul and Sraika
Forgot your password?