My Story from Vacation

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
I had a fun vacation and even have one good story to tell.

Lots of family from around the country got together. We hadn't seen each other in years.

My Dad set it up for all of us to go horse back riding.

So being one of the only people who had much experience besides my Dad and the guy who owned the horses I got to lead kids around on the horses and help teach them how to ride themselves. I had no plans to ride. I have a bad back so I didn't think it was a very good idea.

So after leading kids around I changed my mind. I figured a bit of riding wouldn't hurt. So I got on and it was like riding a bike. I spent most of every summer for 9 until 18 riding so my confidence level jumped back up fast.

Now there was this really nice 3 year old colt that was there as well. This colt had only been ridden by the owner. Once again I had no intention of riding the colt. But that damn thing was there teasing me all day.

Finally I say I have to ride that colt. So the owner gets him ready and tells me he's not sure how the colt will respond. I'm high on confidence and feeling like I'm ready for a rodeo. I used to help break horses and had ridden some tough ones growing up. But there in lies the problem. I'm now 44 and have only ridden a few times since 18.

So I take the colt into the pen and proceed to get on. Well not so fast. I have my leg half way over when the colt starts to buck. I see the hind end coming up and I think this is going to hurt. The colt threw me hard. Actually knocked me a bit silly. Good thing I landed on my ass and then hit my head though. After my head cleared a bit and with some help holding the colt I did get on him. I got right back off though. I was still pretty dizzy.

So two things got bruise my left but cheek and my ego. My wife had to talk me out of posting a picture of my but on here. She made me show my mother in-law who was a nurse for many years. She said she had never seen a bruise like that. My whole left cheek was purple and a bit swollen.

So anyway that was my adventure and I figured with how much TESTies like crashing some of y'all would enjoy my story.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
the last colt I broke I lead out to a pond that was a little under waist deep. by the time him and me got out of it he was done. never had a bit of problems from him after that. I miss those days

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?