New here, ready to drink and kick some ass!

Barstruck

Lieutenant
Mar 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Barstruck
Where you from stranger?
I was born, raised, and currently reside in Austin, Texas. The fittest, drunkest city in the US!
What drew you to Star Citizen?
I grew up playing space sims, if little me saw an ad for Star Citizen, he would simultaneously piss, vomit, and jizz himself out of sheer excitement.
What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Dogfighting, laying waste to our enemies throughout the far reaches of space, whiskey/beer in hand.
What was the first game you remember playing?
Star Wars:Tie Fighter!
What other games do you play?
Planetside 2, Evochron Mercenary, Diaspora, Wing Commander Saga
Picard or Kirk?
Picard. Jean-Luc doesn't put out an album every year full of songs no one will listen to. Picard also stayed true to himself and continued to negotiate with alien races, not taking the easy way out and negotiating for Priceline.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

So did you get struck by a bar or did the bar get struck by you?

Barstruck

Lieutenant
Mar 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Barstruck
Welcome to TEST!

So did you get struck by a bar or did the bar get struck by you?
Yes.

Also, I was drinking with some friends and we were talking about TV characters we would bang, and I kept talking about how I wanted to bang Starbuck from BSG, probably for like 10 minutes. Turns out, the whole time I was slurring my words so bad that it sounded like Barstruck. So, as the prophecy ordained, my handle on SC shall be Barstruck.

Reactions: Designated Drunk

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Yes.

Also, I was drinking with some friends and we were talking about TV characters we would bang, and I kept talking about how I wanted to bang Starbuck from BSG, probably for like 10 minutes. Turns out, the whole time I was slurring my words so bad that it sounded like Barstruck. So, as the prophecy ordained, my handle on SC shall be Barstruck.
Give this man his own fleet, NOW!

Reactions: Designated Drunk

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
The day I heard about it, I immediately made plans to build a new computer. Just finished it yesterday, it's a hoss!
Very nice! I am too, but I need to save a bit more. Stats?

Barstruck

Lieutenant
Mar 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Barstruck
Very nice! I am too, but I need to save a bit more. Stats?
I haven't OC'd it yet, but it runs pretty fast so far.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4 ghz
Cooler: Cooler Master 212 Evo
Mobo: Asus z87 Plus
Ram: 8 gigs of G.Skills 1600 ghz DDR3
GPU: PNY OC GTX 770
PSU: Inwin 750 watt
Case: Rosewill Thor V2

Controls: Saitek x-52 HOTAS style joystick

I'll probably get a higher wattage PSU and a second GTX 770 when the alpha and beta editions, maybe a bit more RAM if need be.

Last edited:

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
I haven't OC'd it yet, but it runs pretty fast so far.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4 ghz
Cooler: Cooler Master 212 Evo
Mobo: Asus z87 Plus
Ram: 8 gigs of G.Skills 1600 ghz DDR3
GPU: PNY OC GTX 770
PSU: Inwin 750 watt
Case: Rosewill Thor V2

Controls: Saitek x-52 HOTAS style joystick

I'll probably get a higher wattage PSU and a second GTX 770 when the alpha and beta editions, maybe a bit more RAM if need be.
Very nice! Most people say that a 750 watt PSU is perfect for 770 SLI :) But you oughta run DFM like a champ! My build will definitely be similar to this

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Very nice! Most people say that a 750 watt PSU is perfect for 770 SLI :) But you oughta run DFM like a champ! My build will definitely be similar to this
I overclocked my MacBook Gt650M by 100MHz and my memory by 800MHz, am I doing it wrong? :P

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
I overclocked my MacBook Gt650M by 100MHz and my memory by 800MHz, am I doing it wrong? :p
*gasp*:eek:
have you ever been in your hangar ?
:confused:

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Picard. Jean-Luc doesn't put out an album every year full of songs no one will listen to. Picard also stayed true to himself and continued to negotiate with alien races, not taking the easy way out and negotiating for Priceline.
Sick burn on the Nogotiator. Although I do like some of the remixed songs that people have made of Mr. Stewart's quotes.

Also sick gaming rig specs! I defintely need to build a new desktop to get ready for Star Citizen but it's a bit overwhelming to figure out parts. A lot has changed in PC building. Some things are more streamlined, but others have become quite complex!

Forgot your password?