New Patch

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Your's or mine?
Actually, this being the friday before Christmas the last few stallwards remaining in our office are trying to see how far the old work PC will take them in games like Valorant or CS...
Reminds me that I did want to have a look at that Steam sale going on...
As for the patch, got installed but the version number and the notes are the same as for the patch the day before.
At least no 2 resets in 2 days. Thats something... ;-P

• o7
Reactions: FZD and Talonsbane

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I just wanna know the roadmap for 2024. Will we get engineering gameplay. At what point will we get hauling contracts. How many star systems can we expect next year, one is certain but they've worked on more. And how long does it take to churn out a system now that they've gotten pretty much all blockers out of the way. We know Polaris is coming but the other ships... which ones, when?
Will we be getting better gameplay or new gameplay? In-ship refining seems likely at least. So many questions. Most of them "this thing when," and you can't ask those from CIG.

I really miss the time when we got the roadmap for like two years ahead, even if it got a ton of changes all the time and things kept getting moved around, it was definitely better than not having anything.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I just wanna know the roadmap for 2024. Will we get engineering gameplay. At what point will we get hauling contracts. How many star systems can we expect next year, one is certain but they've worked on more. And how long does it take to churn out a system now that they've gotten pretty much all blockers out of the way. We know Polaris is coming but the other ships... which ones, when?
Will we be getting better gameplay or new gameplay? In-ship refining seems likely at least. So many questions. Most of them "this thing when," and you can't ask those from CIG.

I really miss the time when we got the roadmap for like two years ahead, even if it got a ton of changes all the time and things kept getting moved around, it was definitely better than not having anything.
To quote Chris Roberts from this year's CitizenCon as best as I can remember (I've slept a few times since then), "I'd give you a time frame, but then I'd get in trouble."

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
To quote Chris Roberts from this year's CitizenCon as best as I can remember (I've slept a few times since then), "I'd give you a time frame, but then I'd get in trouble."
Yes. Chris has been clear CIG is no longer going to do any projections. My guess is now that they haven’t got Sq42 to hide behind, they can’t manage that kind of accountability. Another way to look at it is that, now that they’re working on SC, they can’t have people complaining each quarter about their productivity.

Either way, no more predictions.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Yes. Chris has been clear CIG is no longer going to do any projections. My guess is now that they haven’t got Sq42 to hide behind, they can’t manage that kind of accountability. Another way to look at it is that, now that they’re working on SC, they can’t have people complaining each quarter about their productivity.

Either way, no more predictions.
There will always be the eternal SC prediction of "Soon (tm)". ;p

Forgot your password?