New streamer

okattabukkyoto

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Okatta
soci have dabbled in streaming with my ps4 however I just ordered a new camera, mic, capture card, and green screen to stream like a pro. Everything should arrive on Thursday. What do I need to know? I already have a twitch account as well as a paypal account for donations. How difficult is it to connect the capture card and make it work? What about follower and donation pop ups?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. All donations will be going towards my son and his future.

SlowFuse

Space Marshal
Oct 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SlowFuseGaming
You would be best off to get a bot going on your channel to help manage your chat panel, etc. I use Deepbot, but it takes a monthly subscription to get some of the donation and follow alerts to pop up graphics and other neat stuff. By far the most advanced of the bots available. There are others like moobot, nightbot, etc.

Do you have OBS or X-split ready to go? You'll need a broadcasting software to get your overlay up and running as well as to allow you to do some cool "live" text things like current song, latest follower / donation alerts, and other things as you grow.

Biggest thing is to stay on target and not focus too much on how many people watch your channel. If you stay light and happy about gaming, people will start to come around. :)

okattabukkyoto

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Okatta
Thank you. I'll be downloading OBS. I'll probably use night bot because it's free. I just found out I can't change my twitch name so I will have to make a new account because no one can pronounce my full username. That sucks, I'll have to refollow everyone I already follow, and I'll lose vip status with certain channels too.

SlowFuse

Space Marshal
Oct 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SlowFuseGaming
Don't worry about a new channel, just shorten your name and append it to your stream titles. Like "Oka" or whatever you go by. People get used to truncating names on there anyhow. Just a suggestion to avoid the hassle of starting over.

COUGARHUNTER

Commander
Oct 21, 2015
RSI Handle
COUGARHUNTER
I dont know what your name means but if you're going to abbreviate it, I'd go by Yoto. Easier to say and remember. Post up your stream once you got it running!

okattabukkyoto

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Okatta
The full name means angry Buddhist. Everyone just calls me Okatta.

I'm planning on setting everything up Wednesday and Thursday night and testing Thursday/Friday night.

okattabukkyoto

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Okatta
So I got everything set up and tested and I'm good to go. I'll be streaming every night starting st 8:30pm cst. I look forward to seeing you guys there!

Forgot your password?