New World - EU TEST overview

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
Hello there!

In case we have to separate the pool of interested players due to ping issues, i wanted to get an overview.

Who will be playing (or testing) from EU servers?

In a perfect scenario, i'd love to play with all Testies (probably gonna be the US server) with a good ping.

However, due to my lack of interwebs knowledge and the likes, i cannot foresee the outcome of me/others playing on the US server connecting from Europe. The latest ping test to New York resulted in a 94 ping. *doubt*

So in case we have to play on the EU server, it would be interesting to see who will be playing at all. Do we have the numbers for a second Test Squid?

Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Anything under 120-ping is okay to play so don't worry about 90ping..

it's when it start staying over 200 it's getting nasty, I only play US server cause I never had a good run ever on the EU servers and I am in Europe.

I usually have between 70-105 ping on US servers, on a bad days it's between 90-120ping and that works perfect to.

Only reason it get unplayable is same reason for every one, even if you had 10 ping cause server is gone bad.

So time to try and get a new server...

CHEERS! 🍻

Reactions: Heartwood

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
Anything under 120-ping is okay to play so don't worry about 90ping..
Tried WoW on a US server for an hour with 100-110ms ping, the delay was playable but not acceptable long term.

Im at 14ms to the Frankfurt servers. As much as i want to enjoy the company of all Testies, an input delay is a no go.

In case it would be <90ms, i cannot tell when the threshold of non noticable delay is reached.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Tried WoW on a US server for an hour with 100-110ms ping, the delay was playable but not acceptable long term.

Im at 14ms to the Frankfurt servers. As much as i want to enjoy the company of all Testies, an input delay is a no go.

In case it would be <90ms, i cannot tell when the threshold of non noticable delay is reached.

We are testing out Guilded, so I created a New World group in there.

We can try herd all the different region players and figure out who goes where.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well WOW is not SC trust me, ha ha... 🤣 🤪
The US servers are way better, but sure it does matter what kind of network connection you have.
I'm on fiber-optic very high speed so I don't really have any bottle neck except the distance.
And I'm on a very high end gaming machine, once loaded in to game I don't notice any difference in performance US or EU server..
Exception EU server have a nasty habit to crash a lot more often, but if they got the EU server to be more stable that changes things.
But I stick to play on US server they never failed once more than the regular hiccup that effect all.

CHEERS! 🍻

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Necro, but on topic
So who tested New World? Was it any good?
I'm looking at New World and Lost Ark, and wondering is anyone will be diving (has dived) into these and what peoples thoughts are?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Necro, but on topic
So who tested New World? Was it any good?
I'm looking at New World and Lost Ark, and wondering is anyone will be diving (has dived) into these and what peoples thoughts are?
We had a good time during the last test, Im excited to get back in.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
We had a good time during the last test, Im excited to get back in.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I saw the thread on Guided as well, and started pestering there too, lol. I'll probably pick it up, especially if we have TESTies playing.

Forgot your password?