New World European Servers

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Morning all.

I asked in one of the New World threads if there was an EU-based Test guild running for Amazon's inaugural opus. Not had a reply, so I'm assuming not.

And this raises a wider question. This is a very international group. What's the plan for Star Citizen going forward with Test on different servers? And where we dabble in other games pre-launch, what's the protocol (if any) for getting a Test group gaming together outside the US, where things seem settled. I don't know how many of you guys are playing New World in the EU but it would be great to have some banter and swap tips come August 31 at least. And though I love the possibility of server hopping and us all getting together, connection issues mean generally - whatever we play - we're going to want to be connecting 'locally'.

Also -

d0e24b03f9b65910584d944e7de63694.jpg

I assume we don't want "unofficial" Test groups competing with each other or splintering.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Can't speak for new world, but for SC there is a preatty active comunity in EU, mostly on German, French country, but really TEST is all over the world (I think we just left japan out...) so that is not a big concern.
The reason becouse you'll see people mostly play on US server is becouse the majority of the SC player base is there and so during group play or event we try to use the better server for most of the players.

That sayed this is a temporary situation: as soon as the sever meshing will be implemented I espect the whole universe will be country-indipendent in a way that you'll alsways connect to the best server for your location and then all the data are real-time shared across the whole gameregardless of your connection region.

BTW with the exception of AU server there isn't much of a difference beteween US and Eu server on the performance side, at east I've noticed none.

Reactions: Bambooza

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
On nationality, that's interesting - I pick up on the Brits here (because I am one) and wasn't aware of the Franco/German base (is that mirrored in Test - if so don't think I've noticed any posts here on the forum but I'm not very active on the Test Discord so they might be there).

Is the majority of the SC base now in the US? Historically I know that apparently wasn't the case - take a peek here:

View: https://youtu.be/unCiwKdT76M?t=46m27s

Europe peeks at 500 M, US under 360 M if you blow the chart up - so that's 1/3 more back then.

The server meshing point is interesting too. If that eliminates international discrepancies that would be great; does that mean there will be a 'one world' region?

And back to my original question. Is anyone playing New World EU. Assuming there isn't an official Test group, where are you playing?

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
You need to drop into Discord. We have some Danish and Spanish players in there right now that are on.

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
You need to drop into Discord. We have some Danish and Spanish players in there right now that are on.
Missed this! But I just became a grandad (in my forties!) and the wee lad was over which beats any screen time (who knew?). I'll try to drop in over the coming week.

Still curious about whether we might have an EU-based New World guild, or if anyone has a solid EU guild going.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
But I just became a grandad (in my forties!)
Still curious about whether we might have an EU-based New World guild,
Congrats Grampa!

If enough people show interest, its doable, but majority of the players we have in the beta are US based. You may just need to join a Europe-focused group and we can work closely together to dominate!

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Congrats Grampa!

If enough people show interest, its doable, but majority of the players we have in the beta are US based. You may just need to join a Europe-focused group and we can work closely together to dominate!
Thanks! I feel old.. .

And yes. I was trying to stir up some interest. Not a huge success so far - will find somewhere to hang my hat while I dabble in NW.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Thanks! I feel old.. .

And yes. I was trying to stir up some interest. Not a huge success so far - will find somewhere to hang my hat while I dabble in NW.
A lot of players have not joined in yet, they are waiting for launch. Then there will be more people that wait for a few months after launch to see if the game has staying power.

Forgot your password?