Newbie 2.4 Questions

shadowjim12

Admiral
Oct 8, 2015
RSI Handle
MarNei
Well I've finally entered the 'verse after some time, testing the 2.4 release and all. I've recently upgraded into an Avenger. That being said, I've noticed that there are some issues:

-Where are the Avenger's Shield indicators? I suppose there should be some barriers surrounding my ship, but in the HUD I see none. Do I miss something here?

-In Arena commander I can fly almost smoothly. When I enter the 'verse, though, dogfighting feels like moving through high-viscosity liquid due to sudden framedrops. I wonder whether that is a known issue or related to my 8Mbps download speed. Should I be worried?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
There are server problems within the mini PU which could also affect the "physicality" of the space ships due to fps issues. Plus, the most ships aren't finalized. The Avenger still is behaving like a stubborn dunkey, not to speak of the glitches i.e. where you are stuck with your head in the top of this ship; whereas in the 300er series you sometimes glitch through the floor into open space etc. pp. I also assume that there are differences between the models used in AC and the models used in miniPU, because in AC you can't walk through your ship, get in and out, therefore less CPU power is needed for all the calculations.

Last edited:

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Well I've finally entered the 'verse after some time, testing the 2.4 release and all. I've recently upgraded into an Avenger. That being said, I've noticed that there are some issues:

-Where are the Avenger's Shield indicators? I suppose there should be some barriers surrounding my ship, but in the HUD I see none. Do I miss something here?

-In Arena commander I can fly almost smoothly. When I enter the 'verse, though, dogfighting feels like moving through high-viscosity liquid due to sudden framedrops. I wonder whether that is a known issue or related to my 8Mbps download speed. Should I be worried?
First, welcome to the 'Verse.

Excellent questions.

1. The HUDs on some ships are missing at present but the shields are there. Known issue being worked on.

2. Currently, there are backend server issues causing the low framerates and this is being worked on right now and should be corrected very soon.

My download speed is ~4MB so you are fine there.
Don't worry, 2.4.0 is a massive update to the base coding and the backend is being re-written.

Forgot your password?