Oh the dilemma!

BulletMagnet

Vice Admiral
May 23, 2015
RSI Handle
BullMag
Okay - so I want to capitalize on this sale opportunity and get one of those large packages by melting my ships and doing a bunch of CCUs.

I am torn - The best deal is the Transporters with 165 in savings, but you end up with a HULL E. I know they said these are "modular" and even say it can be an orbital defense platform, but don't you guys think it contradicts everything else they say about it - like you cant get to any of its modules without an EVA?

The alternative is to bite the bullet and put more money in and get the damn Idris - but the problem there is god knows how rarely it will ever be used...so its sort of a waste in my mind.

Reactions: Gucci

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
Okay - so I want to capitalize on this sale opportunity and get one of those large packages by melting my ships and doing a bunch of CCUs.

I am torn - The best deal is the Transporters with 165 in savings, but you end up with a HULL E. I know they said these are "modular" and even say it can be an orbital defense platform, but don't you guys think it contradicts everything else they say about it - like you cant get to any of its modules without an EVA?

The alternative is to bite the bullet and put more money in and get the damn Idris - but the problem there is god knows how rarely it will ever be used...so its sort of a waste in my mind.

Get the Idris pack, can always sell the ships individually and get some $ back to Paypal if/when the prices on them go up.

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
cant sell since I will be using credits - :(
Then be happy with what you have and work for an idris in-game, will be even sweeter my friend.

Thats my plan, I have 2 industry ships and a couple starter ships, will get the rest of my fleet in-game.

Im half worried that getting ships in-game will not be as hard as CIG are trying to make it sound........

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
Im the same way, I get one of those updates with details on so and so ship and I think, "that sounds so fun and I dont have a ship that can do that, I need it!" and I went from my 45$ Aurora MR package to 850$ in a month.......

For me to keep sane and frankly, married, I have to focus on one thing to start with in the PU and then use those proceeds to venture out to all the types of ships I dont have now.

I think this is part of how everyones virtual ship collection grows out of perportions, they try to cover all thebases right off the bat. Where that makes sense if you can afford it, im worried it will take out some of the joy you get when you do to the "dealiership" in-game to get that Idris or BMM or pheonix etc.

Im going industry, branching out to exploration, then using both to fund my exploration and PvP.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I changed my Transporters pack into this:

Hull E is going towards 890 J if the CCU ever becomes a possibility (doubt it).
But still, I am content for now.

And yes it is a bargain by giving you a $165 bonus free of charge.

Also I have taken a load of Ship X to Ship Y $0 CCUs to last me any possible combination later.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I was pretty damn tempted by the transport package for the 165 vs 100, but the Blue collar package had all the ships i wanted (starliner is safe unless 890 jump comes back, or if they ever design a new Corvette

Reactions: Star Pilgrim

BulletMagnet

Vice Admiral
May 23, 2015
RSI Handle
BullMag
I sucked it up and melted nearly all my ships......and got the Armada package.

I had some pending questions to CS, so maybe they give me a token for the sale and I can change it - but I may end up keeping it.

I will be CCUing most of the ships, but it was hard to say no to the appeal of an Idris, though I will probably never be in it, lol

I will definitely be unmelting my 890jump at some point in the future though.

Reactions: Liquor_and_ores
Forgot your password?