Operation Overdrive overview: Contains info on all identified phases

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
The Gathering Intel mission can be shared. You have to do 5 of those missions and they can be random/scattered across the system. If you crash, you can pick up the mission again, but it might not be in the same spot.

There are two missions where you upload 2 sets of data, 2 where you upload 4, and one where you upload 6. You need to do all 5 missions. Check your mission history and you have a completed 10k payout, 12.5k, 14.5k, 17.5k, and 23k payout missions, You should also see 6/5 when you are helping someone out on theirs if you have completed all of yours. Once you have completed your missions, you won’t be offered the missions again, but you can accept a shared mission and help out.

I would suggest taking a screen shot of each of the missions showing complete with the various payouts.

Codes pop up on a random display, so you need 3-4 people running around looking at the firewall reset codes, and one person to monitor the system. They will see what servers need the reset and input the code that you find. The Testies we had today ran a group of about 10-20 and that was a lot of fun

You can fail the mission by taking too long to find the reset codes and the servers self-destructing. When a server needs help, you need to find the reset code that will be displayed on one of the screens. It will have the specific server, and the code needed to reset. You can’t reset one server with another server’s code.
if you don’t want to use a tigerclaw, there is an engineer with the keycard. The key is usually found in their pants.

it’s a lot of fun, but I would not wait too long to do these. The sooner you can do them, the more likely you will be able to find a larger group, and the larger groups make it easier.

Shamelessly copied from the CIG Community hub linked below, posed with a spoiler tag
Ships:

I found the Redeemer, Corsair and Ares Ion/Inferno to be the best choices for this event. If group is big enough, bringing a C8R or Cutlass Red is a nice addition to heal injured players. Upgrade your Quantum Drive, you will be travelling through all of Stanton. Get good shields and guns, you will be fighting Hammerheads and turrets.

///////////////////////

Time:

About 6 hours or so, give or take.

///////////////////////

Description of the event:

Consists of 5 phases, each phase has a number of stages.

///////////////////////

Phases:

PHASE 1

-5 stages. FPS battles.

-Bunkers. Go to bunker, destroy hostile turrets, eliminate hostile XT npcs.

-Find the one engineer in civilian clothes, kill him and loot his chest/legs for a key, take key to server room.

-One person monitors the server room, their job consists of watching for servers heating up.

-The other players need to run around the bunker looking at screens for a blue error pop up, which has a server number (S-123) and code (1234) they need to shout out in party chat, which the server room player can then input to cool down that server and continue the upload.

///////////////////////

PHASE 2

-3 stages. Space battles.

-Bounties and collection of a key to drop off.

-Go to location, kill the ships (think MRT/HRT level bounty), get out of your ship into EVA, go to the marker for the key, grab key, deliver key to a certain drop off location

-Stage 3 bounty has a Hammerhead, be careful.

///////////////////////

PHASE 3

-5 stages. Space battles.

-Incursions. Big space battle vs 4 hammerheads and about 20 other ships.

-Seems to be server wide, is not shareable (so every party member needs to accept the mission on their own).

-Go to location, kill all the ships. If server very populated and many others outside yoru group competing to complete this phase, don't worry, just kill at least 1 ship and you will get stage completion.

///////////////////////

PHASE 4 PART ONE

-3 stages. Space battles.

-Commlink.

-Go to commlink, kill 3 ships. Get out of your ship into EVA and enter the commlink, shoot the mines laid all over to clear a path to the computer. Start the commlink recovery (no need for tigerclaws, no need for monitoring the screen). Head back to your ship.

-Hostile ships will spawn in waves, prioritize killing the Vanguard ships, as they disrupt your commlink recovery, then kill rest of ships.

PHASE 4 PART TWO

-1 stage. FPS battle.

-Security Post Kareah.

-Go to SPK, stop their hacking device in central computer room; after, you will see a marker to a tigerclaw closeby, grab it and enter it in the central computer. This will start an upload.

-Waves and waves of angry XT npcs will attack you. Have at least one party member watching the upload screen (there will be at least 1 interruption you need to clear on screen).

-The rest of the party members run around and kill.

-Very very fun, very very deadly. Do your best to survive.

-At the end of upload, click RESET. Leave.

///////////////////////

PHASE 5

-1 stage. FPS and package delivery.

-3 packages need to be picked up and delivered to a location.

-You go to a wreck site with some XT npcs. Kill the npcs, pick up the 3 packages, take them to drop off location.

///////////////////////

Event complete.

Hope this guide helps you.

Here is a link to a summary on the RSI website containing ALL Operation Overdrive events Click only if you want to be spoiled

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'll be looking to run this event after Ata returns from her trip to visit her family. I'd have already taken care of it, but I know that she'll enjoy it more if we give it a try together for the 1st time. I think she enjoys my running around like a headless chicken. LoL

Alfred_North

Lieutenant
Mar 16, 2024
RSI Handle
Alfred_North
Check the discord channel. I will try and monitor and help out when I can. Thanks to the members of Test, I was able to get mine done and I’ve been trying to pay that forward.
Also, if you aren't able to get anyone from Discord, you can just ask in general chat. Lots of people are doing them and I had no problem recruiting randos to help (and they all were competent, too--even the self-professed new players).

I did 5/5 with just two extra and that's all you really need. One person takes the top floor of the bunker, one takes the bottom, and one is the button pusher. If you're searching for codes, you can just run laps around your floor.

The NPCs as usual are braindead and have zero reaction time, so just shoot them in their elevators when they open :)

Whether or not the bunker has turrets will be hit or miss. If it has all four turrets, best bet is to get an A2 and nuke it. The turrets are semi-bugged in my experience, highly buffed, and almost hitscan you in the sense that you don't see the tracers but are still taking damage. That said, so many people are doing the missions that often you'll get to your bunker and it'll only have one turret or no turrets.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Also, if you aren't able to get anyone from Discord, you can just ask in general chat. Lots of people are doing them and I had no problem recruiting randos to help (and they all were competent, too--even the self-professed new players).

I did 5/5 with just two extra and that's all you really need. One person takes the top floor of the bunker, one takes the bottom, and one is the button pusher. If you're searching for codes, you can just run laps around your floor.

The NPCs as usual are braindead and have zero reaction time, so just shoot them in their elevators when they open :)

Whether or not the bunker has turrets will be hit or miss. If it has all four turrets, best bet is to get an A2 and nuke it. The turrets are semi-bugged in my experience, highly buffed, and almost hitscan you in the sense that you don't see the tracers but are still taking damage. That said, so many people are doing the missions that often you'll get to your bunker and it'll only have one turret or no turrets.
Welcome to the TEST party newcomer. How about making an Intro post to help us get to know you better? You sound like a fun person so far.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Hey all, got an email about the second phase starting - are we still able to complete the first part? I had a few bug on me and still not finished

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Yup. The devs said that all stages will be available in one form or another all the way till the last week! Gonna be guys playing catch up here and there!

• o7

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
They're going to have to find a way to give us the info about what we're missing in the events.
Well so far stage 1 from last week has been available this week for the people who missed out. I assume the stages will open gradually and by Stage 5 all the stages that preceded it will be available till Invictus.

• o7

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Tomorrow should mark the release of phase 5 in Operation Overdrive.

It has been hinted this is the last Overdrive mission, BUT...today's ISC has also hinted that XenoThreat might be considered Phase 6, meaning that in addition to completing these missions, we might need to complete XT to acquire the armor and CCU to the F7A...

Hopefully, we will know more tomorrow.

Very good overview of the background of Operation Overdrive on April 11, 2024's ISC linked here:
View: https://youtu.be/lx1D3UeEdQ0?feature=shared

Reactions: Aramsolari

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Man I havent had the time to do any of this. Yeesh :(

Reactions: Radegast74

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Man I havent had the time to do any of this. Yeesh :(
I've managed to get three of the phase 3 done, but that's it.

I don't know why, but my F7C Mk2 seems to be more robust than my Vanguard Warden (or my loaner F7CM Mk1). I'm not saying it definitely is, or that it should be, but it feels that way.

Reactions: BUTUZ

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I've managed to get three of the phase 3 done, but that's it.

I don't know why, but my F7C Mk2 seems to be more robust than my Vanguard Warden (or my loaner F7CM Mk1). I'm not saying it definitely is, or that it should be, but it feels that way.
It's newer, it will be better that's how they keep managing to sell new ships! :D

Reactions: Radegast74
Forgot your password?