Industry Ore selling price spreadsheet 3.2.0

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
^ Yes, I also found this to be very helpful & accurate.

Now, if somebody would just give me a map to anything with greater than 2% Agricium. Preferably with less than 90% instability, I keep blowing myself up when the instability is >90%, lol!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
^ Yes, I also found this to be very helpful & accurate.

Now, if somebody would just give me a map to anything with greater than 2% Agricium. Preferably with less than 90% instability, I keep blowing myself up when the instability is >90%, lol!
LOL or Laranite! I have developed a technique for mining rocks with high instability. You want to ramp up the laser slowly, then just as it approaches the green, turn it down, between 40 and 60% quite quickly. How much seems to be relative to the resistance, or the resistance and instability in some way. I haven't figured out that part of the relationship yet.

The idea is to find a laser setting that will add energy slowly while in the green. It's a bit tricky to get right. If it still goes over, move the laser off of the rock momentarily (and immediately). That will allow the rock to bleed off some of the energy, but you don't have to make big adjustments to the laser. If you fracture the rock with overcharge, usually you're OK with 10 or 15% max overcharge. Beyond that, your ship is going to get hit by debris and take damage so your distance from the rock will matter.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
You can also just keep tapping unstable rocks to keep them in the green as well, so just get your laser off of it and back on. If it fill too quickly, get laser off, pull down the power a bit and try again, repeat.

Mining Quicktips(minefarts);
Something I noticed is that you can add more power when you move your laser over the surface of the rock, so if it suddenly dips down you can move your laser up and down to get it back up fast (this takes some practice for every single rock cause they all seem to behave differently)

This is a bug and I am not 100% sure but I had this happen twice now. Don't let the overcharge get too high, if it gets beyond a certain point (mine were on 50%+ both times) and you get 100% fracture, the rock will not blow up but stay in the energy states it has, nothing you can do with it anymore.

The closer you get to a rock, the more energy you put in (some rocks seem unminable until you get within like 10m of them) this can also be used to stretch out or shrink your charging range.
ie. if you add 0.10% and the charge skyrockets, and then you take it back 0.10% and it keeps cooling down, get further away cause you don't have enough 'range' to play with. Could also go the other way, if you have to add 10% to get the charge up, and lower 10% to get it to stabilize, get closer so the range shrinks.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
Now, if somebody would just give me a map to anything with greater than 2% Agricium.
This I am also wondering about.. I have tried to find a pattern in the rocks, and it doesn't seem to be really there. Except for if you find a good rock, there will probably be 1 or 2 other good rocks very close by. But as for the location of them.. it just seems random at this point.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
This is a bug and I am not 100% sure but I had this happen twice now. Don't let the overcharge get too high, if it gets beyond a certain point (mine were on 50%+ both times) and you get 100% fracture, the rock will not blow up but stay in the energy states it has, nothing you can do with it anymore.
I have had this happen with nothing in the overcharge, but once it got to 100% fracture, it just sits there.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
LOL or Laranite! I have developed a technique for mining rocks with high instability. You want to ramp up the laser slowly, then just as it approaches the green, turn it down, between 40 and 60% quite quickly. How much seems to be relative to the resistance, or the resistance and instability in some way. I haven't figured out that part of the relationship yet.

The idea is to find a laser setting that will add energy slowly while in the green. It's a bit tricky to get right. If it still goes over, move the laser off of the rock momentarily (and immediately). That will allow the rock to bleed off some of the energy, but you don't have to make big adjustments to the laser. If you fracture the rock with overcharge, usually you're OK with 10 or 15% max overcharge. Beyond that, your ship is going to get hit by debris and take damage so your distance from the rock will matter.
@Vavrik @mindfart thanks for the tips!
I found a field that had some Laranite, but haven't found the exact spot again (I hadn't learned to be careful about marking my finds yet, it was one of my first attempts.)

This is already on the internet/was posted on reddit, so be careful about people going there & getting combative or griefing:
1. Go to Yela
2. Aim for the Kosso Basin Emergency Shelter
3. The shelter is in a patch of ice in the middle of what looks like a large ice lake...check out the area in the "seas" of the ice lake, there were a variety of ores of all kinds, including laranite.

I also found an area on Daymar with high contents of titanium. Warning...my directions will consist of imagining the surrounding area as a giant penis, and the area of interest would be the right ball sac...lol!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
@Vavrik @mindfart thanks for the tips!
I found a field that had some Laranite, but haven't found the exact spot again (I hadn't learned to be careful about marking my finds yet, it was one of my first attempts.)

This is already on the internet/was posted on reddit, so be careful about people going there & getting combative or griefing:
1. Go to Yela
2. Aim for the Kosso Basin Emergency Shelter
3. The shelter is in a patch of ice in the middle of what looks like a large ice lake...check out the area in the "seas" of the ice lake, there were a variety of ores of all kinds, including laranite.

I also found an area on Daymar with high contents of titanium. Warning...my directions will consist of imagining the surrounding area as a giant penis, and the area of interest would be the right ball sac...lol!
The area north west of the Dunlow Ridge Aid Station. Look for a large plain surrounded by mountains, from the QT to above Dunlow, it's the area to the EDIT: [left at about 80 degree angle after you exit QT. It's the larger of two areas in that general direction.] looks like it's partially obscured by a dust storm, surrounded by wrinkly mountains. Titanium, Tungton, Gold, Diamond, and in large quantities, frequently over 20%. Mixtures can exceed 25% of the rock and I have earned a bit more than the maximum on that list in one trip. Even at 20%, mining titanium is a good income, and the rock typcally has .11 or lower instability so it's a quick in-out without a lot of concern for exploding rocks.

There, I've given away my biggest SC secret

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
The area north west of the Dunlow Ridge Aid Station. Look for a large plain surrounded by mountains, from the QT to above Dunlow, it's the area to the EDIT: [left at about 80 degree angle after you exit QT. It's the larger of two areas in that general direction.] looks like it's partially obscured by a dust storm, surrounded by wrinkly mountains. Titanium, Tungton, Gold, Diamond, and in large quantities, frequently over 20%. Mixtures can exceed 25% of the rock and I have earned a bit more than the maximum on that list in one trip. Even at 20%, mining titanium is a good income, and the rock typcally has .11 or lower instability so it's a quick in-out without a lot of concern for exploding rocks.

There, I've given away my biggest SC secret
LOL, I'm pretty sure that is the right ball sac! I'll draw you a picture...later...or maybe Montoya will do it for us, lol!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
LOL, I'm pretty sure that is the right ball sac! I'll draw you a picture...later...or maybe Montoya will do it for us, lol!
There are two areas that look like that, if it's the same location. I'm referring to the one further to the left, but it really does look like a scrotum. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I visit the one on the right too, it's almost as good but has more of the more difficult rocks. that is where I was when I figured out that just moving the laser off the rock can save your butt.

You'd be between 55 and 60Km from Dunlow on the plain in the center of these cherries. um. rocks. uh. ba... fuck it. Dunlow is an odd name for a place associated with ball sac's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scape and Zookajoe

MasterWorld

Captain
Aug 5, 2018
RSI Handle
WorldMaster
Well done i buy a misc prospector and i cant fly again the aurora kkkk some bugs about my saitek 52 pro, but this is offtopic for now, what i want say is a good info for people want know what mineral give more $$$ :ok_hand:

Regards,
MasterWorld

Reactions: Scape

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
That link works right now. I have seen that spreadsheet before and am still using it as a guideline.

Forgot your password?