Origin 890 Jump Boarding Mission and Anvil Carrack Quick Tour

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Hi All,

I've TESTed a way to complete the 890 Jump Boarding mission, so you may find this useful, if you haven't done the mission before.
There are some hints like shooting the 890's hangar doors and sniping hostiles from space, or using an under-barrel light.
Also, you can see the difference in hostiles and friendlies appearance, which is important to know, as you will get a level 3-4 CrimeStat if you shoot friendlies, which is easy to mistake for hostiles given the darkness inside the 890 Jump.

Note, in this footage I haven't found the data transmitter, which can be located in 9 (at least) places, and you only have 4 minutes to find it. I did this mission about 20-30 times and sometimes the transmitted is just not there (maybe spawned inside a wall), - typically the transmitter will remain where it is even if you don't find it, so after you complete the mission, you can explore the 890 Jump to find where the transmitter was. Typically it may be in the guest rooms, in the negotiations room, in engineering section, in crew quarters, on the bridge. You could jump out of the ship just when the timer starts (as this is when the transmitter gets spawned) and fly to the bridge to see if it's there, so that you can just go to the bridge straight away. However, in my experience I found that it's only about 10% chance for it to be there (given the number of possible spawn locations), and it takes a bit too much time to go there and back, which may be better used for searching the transmitter inside the ship. In this video you will see that I didn't check the bridge from outside, and that transmitter wasn't there in the end.

• If you don't find the transmitter and eliminate all hostiles, and don't shoot friendlies you will get 12,000 aUEC.
  • If you find the transmitter and eliminate all hostiles, and shoot friendlies you will get 17,000 aUEC. I've accidentally shot friendlies in a dark room when I didn't use the under-barrel light and didn't see well (target ID is critical).
  • If you find the transmitter and eliminate all hostiles, and don't shoot friendlies you will get 45,000 aUEC.

Also, I wanted to compare Carrack and 890 Jump side by side and give a very quick tour of both. While the mission outcome is not perfect, I thought to record and share, because the Carrack is Expedition version and it looks great if put next to 890 Jump on microTech orbit in good lighting, - I just liked the picture so thought to share.

One more thing, before you get to 890 Jump, there will be 2 Cutlass Black you need to take down. These are stronger versions of usual AI Cutties with better grade components and more skilled AI, so they may bite hard. Brutes like Super Hornet or Vanguard do well against them, so do medium ships, like the Connie or Freelancer, but you still need to be careful and try not to get close, as those use scatter guns. Light fighters, like Hawk etc. may be easily crippled by these 2 Cutties. Ships like Carrack are too tough and take no damage from what I could see. So, taking down the pirate ships is just a matter of taking a turret and shooting those down. It's just a bit boring to include in the video, so I didn't.

Cheers! 🍻

Reactions: Aramsolari
Forgot your password?