Persistence.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm interested to know: If they plan on slowly adding more and more to the PU, are they going to let us keep what we gain over those months/years? Will everything be reset to zero for actual launch? Or will everything be reset with every patch?

Now that they've added persistence, are we keeping what we gain? Weapons, suits etc?

I know it resets from PTU to PU, but will it reset from 2.4 to 2.5, etc etc?

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
From what I have seen posted there will likely be no firm plan in place. They will reset persistence when doing so improves the quality/focus of testing, but not arbitrarily.

My gut feeling is that by and large our purchases and progression will be untouched between the major point releases.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
From what I have seen posted there will likely be no firm plan in place. They will reset persistence when doing so improves the quality/focus of testing, but not arbitrarily.
This would please me immensely. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
My gut feeling is that by and large our purchases and progression will be untouched between the major point releases.
It would be nice to know that if we're going to devote many hours to the game as it progresses, thereby assisting wig the development, that we not be penalized for it.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
This would please me immensely. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It would be nice to know that if we're going to devote many hours to the game as it progresses, thereby assisting wig the development, that we not be penalized for it.
If I recall correctly, Ben said they'll wipe everything whenever they need to. They'll award aUEC just to allow us to test things, they'll wipe between patches etc. That's why they implemented "alpha"UEC in the first place, so they don't mess with the UEC we actually paid for.
We're not likely to get to keep anything yet.
From alpha to beta to live? Too soon to tell.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I'm interested to know: If they plan on slowly adding more and more to the PU,
YES

are they going to let us keep what we gain over those months/years?
YES

r will everything be reset with every patch?
No, not once Persistence is in game. It will be if purchased with aUEC but anything purchased in game with UEC is attached to your Account.

aUEC is for testing purposes only. In the near future we will earn/spend UEC in game and these items/UEC will be permanent.

Does that help my friend?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
YES

YES

No, not once Persistence is in game. It will be if purchased with aUEC but anything purchased in game with UEC is attached to your Account.

aUEC is for testing purposes only. In the near future we will earn/spend UEC in game and these items/UEC will be permanent.

Does that help my friend?
Yes, yes it does. Thank you my friendly neighbourhood avocado TESTer. I appreciate the scoop.

And thanks to to the rest of you as well.
Cheers.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
In the end they could continue to run with aUEC until the game goes live then make the real UEC active. This is what I think, so all your ingame work will be for zero as it will get periodically scrubbed. If CIG arent careful they'll have people loaded to the hilt with everything in the alphas and betas that it will possibly turn newer players off because they have missed the boat. Personally that doesnt bother me as i'm on the other side of it all geared up, but I am a thoughtful soul to others! :rolleyes:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I'm interested to know: If they plan on slowly adding more and more to the PU, are they going to let us keep what we gain over those months/years? Will everything be reset to zero for actual launch? Or will everything be reset with every patch?

Now that they've added persistence, are we keeping what we gain? Weapons, suits etc?

I know it resets from PTU to PU, but will it reset from 2.4 to 2.5, etc etc?
Everything within Alpha version will definitely whiped from time to time. CIG has expressly declared that. At the latest when beta version is released, with the pre-final version is implemented, we probably will become the "true" persistance.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
In the near future we will earn/spend UEC in game and these items/UEC will be permanent.
Are you sure about this? It wouldn't make too much sense. Why would I spend any more real money while the game is in development if I can just farm the PI mission, get tons of UEC and buy all the ships?

Reactions: Blind Owl

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Wouh, don't mix up the different currencies ;)

aUEC = currency within Alpha for test purposes. Will be erased inbetween and at the end of Alpha developing phase

UEC = final ingame currency. BUT you can already buy UEC with real money for spending it within the store named "Voyager direct". These items therein have already pre-final status and will definitely exist within SC lateron AND are already bound to your account. Some more UEC you can spend within the subscriber store, i.e. the "Mr. Refinement’s Cabinet of Rare & Exquisite Spirits" :D

Reactions: Blind Owl

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Wouh, don't mix up the different currencies ;)

aUEC = currency within Alpha for test purposes. Will be erased inbetween and at the end of Alpha developing phase

UEC = final ingame currency. BUT you can already buy UEC with real money for spending it within the store named "Voyager direct". These items therein have already pre-final status and will definitely exist within SC lateron AND are already bound to your account. Some more UEC you can spend within the subscriber store, i.e. the "Mr. Refinement’s Cabinet of Rare & Exquisite Spirits" :D
Exactly. That's why I don't imagine they'll let us farm UEC in game too soon. That would make buying said UEC (and everything else you get with UEC, like ships, weapons etc.) pointless.

Also, everything you are able to get with aUEC right now and later, although persistent while the game is still in development, will not transfer to the final game. That's why it's alpha UEC, so they can wipe it whenever they need to.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Always a pleasure, Owl :)
You're a gem Sam!

I'd like to get to answering all of you individually, but my phone is almost dead. Ha. BUT...I'm almost home. Almost home. Almost home.
I may just drunk beer and sit in from of my rig tonight, just hanging with my TESTies.

:)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Spamblocking @Blind Owl !

When *do* you get home? You have been away too long!
Officially sitting in my underwear now. Although I do have to head back to regiment tonight to unload equipment. Oh well, guess my drink and TEST reunion waits another day...

Oh it's been about two months.

Forgot your password?