Pets

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
i think this is a good thing for the game in general. If WoW taught me anything cool mounts and pets are a really, really popular collectible and people really, really love collecting things. I was never a mount or pet collector myself, i was more of a raider, but there were whole guilds built around the idea of "mount runs" and pet trading. i also made quite a lot of gold by selling pets i'd happen across from time to time. (that damned parrot from dead mines made me rich i sold it so often.)

edit: in hindsight i see that in Star Citizen i very well will end up being a "mount collector" in that i want all of the ships. all of them.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Haha, I need a Bear to sit in the captain's seat in my Beerfarer. Captain Bearington Bear of the good ship Beerfarer.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Space whale.... it flys along besides my ships and attacks my enemies with space whale sonic booms....

I also want a space monkey to ride on the space whale...

EDIT: 64 million stretch goal:
We’ve added a lot of ships lately, and so we’re making the $64 million goal a fun one.
  • Pets – We have repair bots, we have fish… but we haven’t implemented a traditional pet system in Star Citizen yet. At $64 million, that changes. From Jones the Cat in Alien to the Battlestar Galactica’s Daggit, pets have a place onboard starships… and we want to give you that option in Star Citizen. Expect traditional terrestrial options, plus anything exotic we can dream up in the Star Citizen universe! (Those Torshu Grey crabs that keep escaping are just the start.) This stretch goal is in honor of Paddington, Strike Dog of the UEES Paul Steed. In one of our first videos Paddington helped us get to $4 million back in the initial campaign, and sadly passed away recently.

Nuke

Captain
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Nuke
and now i want some kind of armored space attack dog/other badass animal.

Forgot your password?