Playing some E:D today and saw this pilot putzin around

Solarian

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
SolarianShift
It's been a while since I played, however, if I am not mistaken that is an AI

Furthermore, Chris is a common name, and Roberts is not that uncommon. Perhaps it was a little nod between the Devs, but chances are that it was just a random happy coincidence :D

EnclaveZombie

Vice Admiral
Aug 8, 2015
RSI Handle
EnclaveZombie
Yes it was an NPC pilot, but I found it funny that such a name would pop up when I have ran into much more ridiculous names such as Tarpal Cunnel and Strawberry Yahgurt

Reactions: Solarian

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
It's been a while since I played, however, if I am not mistaken that is an AI

Furthermore, Chris is a common name, and Roberts is not that uncommon. Perhaps it was a little nod between the Devs, but chances are that it was just a random happy coincidence :D
Early backers of ED had NPC's named after them.

Chris Roberts and Braben are friends and backed the project.

Solarian

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2015
RSI Handle
SolarianShift
Early backers of ED had NPC's named after them.

Chris Roberts and Braben are friends and backed the project.
That is right, forgot completely about that (the naming convention, not the friends part)

Thanks for reminding us, oh fearless leader!

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
I do enjoy the constant jabs that the Fronteir guys poke at CiG, the whole "We are essentially making Star Citizen, only on a reasonable budget" joke. I found it especially funny when a SC fan took it seriously in the forums.

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
I do enjoy the constant jabs that the Fronteir guys poke at CiG, the whole "We are essentially making Star Citizen, only on a reasonable budget" joke. I found it especially funny when a SC fan took it seriously in the forums.
Indeed, the rivalry IMO should not be there. In fact, two different games in the same genre should be CELEBRATED. Having competition pushes the other to be better. I recently saw the on planet exploration demo for ED, looked awesome, can't wait to see what CIG comes up with.

The only thing I don't like about ED, besides hitscan weapons, is the Yaw thing. To me, it makes the entire flight model like a Microsoft Flight Sim, but in space. Do not enjoy it at all. Still, I did buy and back, look forward to changes to it, maybe.

EnclaveZombie

Vice Admiral
Aug 8, 2015
RSI Handle
EnclaveZombie
Maybe that's why I am a decent pilot in ED being used to in gravity flight sims and what not and a terrible pilot in SC. But I mean as long as I can get Ship A (mine) rammed into Ship B (the enemy) with a reasonably high BAC then I should be fine yea. Otherwise I might need flying lessons haha.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Maybe that's why I am a decent pilot in ED being used to in gravity flight sims and what not and a terrible pilot in SC. But I mean as long as I can get Ship A (mine) rammed into Ship B (the enemy) with a reasonably high BAC then I should be fine yea. Otherwise I might need flying lessons haha.
What ED did very right is that even if you have never spent any time in a flight sim, you can hop into a ship and feel competent and shooting things.

Auto-aim helps a lot!

Forgot your password?