Podcasts any recommendations

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I'm a late arrival to podcasts, my current job means I drive long distances on my own hence my enlightenment
Currently I'm working through Joe Rogan, some of his have been very good (EG Bob Lazar* #1315 Mike Baker #1519) Although some are not so good, that is what happens when you are live and unedited for 2 to 3 hours just chatting

Does anyone listen regularly to any long (45mins +) podcasts that they can really recommend? I have not found any good audio book type podcasts.

Thank you in advance.

* I formed the opinion Bob Lazar was lying about it all, even though Joe was on side with him. When Joe has discussed Bob with other folk in later episodes I think he thought the same as me, which is a shame as I want it to be true.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Depending on your interests really. What I usually listen to while working:

If you are into car stuff, they are quiet funny but kinda short and only a few episodes yet. Also, it's sometimes it's more for youtube than just listening.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maNLMg16k_U&ab_channel=CarThrottle

you can find them on spotify as well, I think

Back years ago I listened to the Jimquisition podcast for some gaming news, if that's still around, it might work for you, but I stopped listening cos it turned into nothing but elitist leftist bitching and whining, with little to no talk of games...

For Tech news there's always the WAN show:
View: https://youtu.be/kDYok0dEauo

podcast DL link in the description.

Also there was the TESTED podcast (not affiliated with TEST squadron lol), which was excellent back in it's day. I really miss it.

They used to talk about tech, 3d printing, apple/android stuff, and pop culture, I really liked it but then Will (original host) left, and the whole thing descended into leftist politics while Adam Savage (yes the one from Mythbusters) took over everything. I basically tuned out not long after they made 4-6 episodes back to back, trying to defend the last jedi, calling their audience all the ists and phobes for not liking a freaking movie...
So, listen to older episodes, or maybe the newer ones are okay again, but I doubt it. Norm (the new host) used to make really good, fun, snarky remarks about stuff, but lost his balls when he got married and slowly forgot how to talk like a real human. It was sad to behold really...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtNE5OkBqto&ab_channel=AdamSavage%E2%80%99sTested

I'm sure you can still find them on some podcast sites as well, not just YT.

I wanted to list like 4-5 other long-form content creators I really enjoy, from car stuff to 40K lore/books through really good DnD sessions to political bitching by a funny Romanian guy, but I just realized that all that stuff I listen to is actually on youtube and not a podcast... soooo, sorry.
Btw, if you search youtube, I've seen loads of audio books popping up as of late, mostly 40K and sci-fi. You might find one that you like.

Forgot your password?