[POLL] How much have you spent?

How much have you spent on Star Citizen so far?

• $0 - $45

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • $100 - $300

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • $300 - $500

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • $500 - $700

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • $700 - $1000

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • More Than $1000

Votes: 28 41.2%

• Total voters

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I have spent $280 on the game.
Over a thousand on hotas and crosswinds (but they have other uses for me).
I am compelled to include my hourly testing rate and setup time however.
Being that I am a commited tester, 3-4 hours a day is possible and that is just play time.
Since my fee for alpha and beta testing is usually set at $16,000,000 an hour.
Since, like the developers, I expect to get paid for my "thinking" time and "tinkering" and "dreaming" time too it's a lot of green. (or in Canada blue, purple, brown, red.)
Let's see 100 days x 24 hours x 16,000,000 means I have spent approximately $384,000,100.00
Of course when we convert Canadian to US dollars, I've really only spent $280.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I first voted 300-500 because that's what I thought I spent... then I realized I do have some quite expensive ships, Retaliator, Sabre, Avenger, and other little stuff. I had a Hornet Stealth as well... 350R M50... Reliant... and keep counting. so I revoted 500-700.

I then decided to check the RSI website to make sure. Logged in, checked profile, noticed Security tab to set up 2-step authentication. Downloaded RSI app, then noticed I can use the Google one, uninstalled RSI app, activated the Google App, and set up the account and closed the tab.

Right... that's not what I went to the website to do ... I went back in... Billing & Subscriptions. Scroll to the bottom... ... ...

Total Spent $920.00 USD
!!!!! WHAT?!?!?

at the current exchange rate of 1.3 - 1.0 CAD-USD... that's almost $1200CAD...
Thankfully MOST of that was spent when our Dollar was still strong, at ~1.05-1.1x...

To think that when I initially checked the game out... I was already hesitant on spending over $50...

Last edited:

GojiraSamurai

Space Marshal
Jul 22, 2016
RSI Handle
GojiraSamurai
Just curious, I saw something today and decided to do the math, found out I spent $650.00 USD on ships. If I include subscription, some past subscriber items I wanted, and a shirt, $835.00 USD in total.

I've been into this for 2/3 of a year and think I've gone a bit to far and am probably going to ease up on my spending (unless it's something shiny!). Really though dividing the total on ships over the time I've played it's ~$80 a month + Sub so ~$100, which isn't to bad but still not good either really lol.
seems like there is " ALWAYS " something "SHINEY "

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You're maming my face feathers blush. ;)
I have spent $280 on the game.
Over a thousand on hotas and crosswinds (but they have other uses for me).
I am compelled to include my hourly testing rate and setup time however.
Being that I am a commited tester, 3-4 hours a day is possible and that is just play time.
Since my fee for alpha and beta testing is usually set at $16,000,000 an hour.
Since, like the developers, I expect to get paid for my "thinking" time and "tinkering" and "dreaming" time too it's a lot of green. (or in Canada blue, purple, brown, red.)
Let's see 100 days x 24 hours x 16,000,000 means I have spent approximately $384,000,100.00
Of course when we convert Canadian to US dollars, I've really only spent $280.
Haha, that damn exchange rate. If I put any number into google, it automatically adds "USD to CAD", I've done it so many times.
I first voted 300-500 because that's what I thought I spent... then I realized I do have some quite expensive ships, Retaliator, Sabre, Avenger, and other little stuff. I had a Hornet Stealth as well... 350R M50... Reliant... and keep counting. so I revoted 500-700.

I then decided to check the RSI website to make sure. Logged in, checked profile, noticed Security tab to set up 2-step authentication. Downloaded RSI app, then noticed I can use the Google one, uninstalled RSI app, activated the Google App, and set up the account and closed the tab.

Right... that's not what I went to the website to do ... I went back in... Billing & Subscriptions. Scroll to the bottom... ... ...

Total Spent $920.00 USD
!!!!! WHAT?!?!?

at the current exchange rate of 1.3 - 1.0 CAD-USD... that's almost $1200CAD...
Thankfully MOST of that was spent when our Dollar was still strong, at ~1.05-1.1x...

To think that when I initially checked the game out... I was already hesitant on spending over $50...
I was in the same boat. Ugh. So hesitant to spend the money at first. Silly game. I justify it by not buying any other games.
seems like there is " ALWAYS " something "SHINEY "
There is. There really is. It's horrible.
And so exciting

treefroog

Lieutenant
Aug 16, 2016
RSI Handle
treefroog
I got a Constellation Andromeda first back in February of this year. Then When the Starfarer came out I CCUed to it in order have enough in game monies to get Carrack, my dream ship. Then I needed an LTI token for my beloved Carrack so I got a Prospector. When the Dragonfly came around it was too awesome not to get so I got a two-pack :). Then this Gamescom I CCUed my Prospector to a Carrack, got the SQ42 combo pack, CCUed the Mustang Alpha in the combo pack to an Avenger Stalker, bought a Merlin because it is so damn sexy, and bought a few add on items. This game is going to be hype!

Forgot your password?