Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Oh for sure.

Im pre-ordering Cyberpunk with what ever overpriced crap that may come with it and there is nothing you can say to shame me!
Indeed. That game just looks way too amazing to resist!

I am not a good example of how to control preorder impulses.

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
2018 was the first year that I did not pre-order any games. I spent a fair bit more time on the PatientGamers subreddit and realized just how many games I've missed in the pc world. My first PC game was BF3. And I almost only focused on shooters. I had so much fun this year going back and playing older games that I hadn't cared about on release but loved for the significant price reductions they have nowadays.

Went over the games that I played for the year and money that I saved and 100% will not be pre-ordering any games this year either. I'm pumped for games like Anthem, The Division 2, Metro Exodus, and The Outer Worlds. But, let's lets really be honest. All of those games will be around 6 months to a year after release. But I know that I'll save myself +$100 simply by grabbing them "late".

I pre-ordered The Division and Destiny 2. Both are fantastic games that I love to play. But neither were worth my time or money on release. Destiny 2 was the shit show that we all knew it would be for a few months, and the Division wasn't what it should have been for about a year so I'll wait this time around!

Forgot your password?