Project D - Are you handy with tools and plastic molding?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The "D" is for divorce because if your wife finds out you are building this to put it in the master bedroom, there will likely be a divorce.

Can we take this?

Then build a pod around it?

There you have your own little Star Citizen gaming pod, so you can attend fleet operations and emergency Bengal defense duty at 4am without waking your sleeping spouse!

You know somebody is going to build this, it might as well be a TESTie!

Reactions: Overlord and rogesh

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
why would I want a pod?

blocking out reality is what the Oculus Rift is for, amirite?

Wafflez

Space Marshal
Sep 7, 2014
RSI Handle
Wafflez
Just cut out the middle man and turn your shed into a scale replica of an aurora....I would but I don't trust myself to build anything whilst drunk....so I never build anything.

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
Bah, I have an old Japanese Zero fuselage in my living room instead of a game chair. It really gets my motivation up for crashing into things.

Chase Rockcole

Captain
Sep 7, 2014
RSI Handle
Meowmix28
The "D" is for divorce because if your wife finds out you are building this to put it in the master bedroom, there will likely be a divorce.

Can we take this?

Then build a pod around it?

There you have your own little Star Citizen gaming pod, so you can attend fleet operations and emergency Bengal defense duty at 4am without waking your sleeping spouse!

You know somebody is going to build this, it might as well be a TESTie!
So basically a gundam pod that they have in japan lol

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Would you be able to mount a HOTAS on that?
Yeah, it's adjustable to varying degrees, but the actual stand where the steering wheel currently is would probably be a tad high for a HOTAS.

I'd have to do some cutting and welding to make it spaceship sim chair appropriate. Can I borrow someone's fire extinguisher?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

Something like this yoke would probably work better for that style of chair versus a joystick. It's what the Origin 300-series has style-wise.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I've been interested in one of the yoke-style controllers, but I feel like it would be less-than-optimal for dogfighting. Great for space trucking though.

Cable

Rear Admiral
Donor
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Cable
I've been interested in one of the yoke-style controllers, but I feel like it would be less-than-optimal for dogfighting. Great for space trucking though.
This is actually the issue that birthed the Ugly Yoke.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
I volunteer for this adventure. May it be fun and filled with adventure.

zombiebombie3

Space Marshal
Feb 9, 2015
RSI Handle
zombiebombie3
@Snowianth sry to hear.

I imagine an old tattoo/barber/dentist chair would make for a good base to build from. They are all adjustable and have heavy bases.

As for the pod section you could make a frame and bend thin acyrillic/aluminium around it. Otherwise a circular plastic rainwater tank of the appropriate diameter with the middle cut out.

Forgot your password?