Ramming 101

estorie

Ensign
May 27, 2019
RSI Handle
Estorie
So I see this guide is from 2014, from reading the game forum and subreddit I am a little unclear as to the "legality" of ramming , not in terms of crimestat - figured that one out on my own by flying full tilt into someone else already - but rather the GM / Cloud Imperium's outlook on the activity?

1. Can I be banned for kamikazing into someone elses ship? My aurora isn't particularly great at "1v1" and this seems like a good solution to thinning potential hostile ranks that are fighting us
2. Can I be banned for running into people at a station or landing area? (not accidentally!)...you can't fight us if you can't get off the ground!

Thanks for the feedback guys, just trying to get my ducks in a row, before I get myself into trouble!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So I see this guide is from 2014, from reading the game forum and subreddit I am a little unclear as to the "legality" of ramming , not in terms of crimestat - figured that one out on my own by flying full tilt into someone else already - but rather the GM / Cloud Imperium's outlook on the activity?

1. Can I be banned for kamikazing into someone elses ship? My aurora isn't particularly great at "1v1" and this seems like a good solution to thinning potential hostile ranks that are fighting us
2. Can I be banned for running into people at a station or landing area? (not accidentally!)...you can't fight us if you can't get off the ground!

Thanks for the feedback guys, just trying to get my ducks in a row, before I get myself into trouble!
This is how we do things in TEST.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
In the time around 2.x (I forget when specifically) when I was starting to learn how to fly my Omega in game, I was an ultimate pad rammer. Shortly after powering up my ship, the moment I made any sort of move to lift off, my ship would go more nuts than Cybil in a house of mirrors with all of her various personalities fighting with each other in those mirrors. In short, I'd power up, my ship would go nuts & then ram the pad all around me until it self destructed.

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
Instructions unclear! seeking @Blind Owl @CrudeSasquatch and the duck AKA @mromutt for assistance TESTes UNITE!!!!!!!!!!! WITH BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Instructions unclear! seeking @Blind Owl @CrudeSasquatch and the duck AKA @mromutt for assistance TESTes UNITE!!!!!!!!!!! WITH BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
#crashintothesun #drinkfirst

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
Ah, another blackout post I see.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I reccomend looking at what you want to go boom :D then go in that direction!**

**Results may very, not liable for unsplody targets and intact personal property or any other unexpected things including sobriety

Forgot your password?