Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Rules:
- Civil discussion, only
- If things get too heated, change the topic

I'll start:

Postulate: Any metric used to quantify people as a data set is inherently biased and cannot be used to apply a broad definition of "normal" to the population it describes. Ergo, the statistical "normal" of a metric used to define people cannot be used to define a "societal normal."

Reactions: Buzz Lightyear

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Rules:
- Civil discussion, only
- If things get too heated, change the topic

I'll start:

Postulate: Any metric used to quantify people as a data set is inherently biased and cannot be used to apply a broad definition of "normal" to the population it describes. Ergo, the statistical "normal" of a metric used to define people cannot be used to define a "societal normal."
Truth.
What is normal?
Or
There is no normal.

Reactions: Buzz Lightyear

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
You're going to have to back that up with metrics that quantify people as a data set and show the bias and also prove its inherent nature.

Until, I'm going to have a beer and go shitpost on the internet somewhere. Maybe here! We'll see where the beer takes me.

Forgot your password?