Lieutenant
Mar 22, 2014
RSI Handle
hexig
Where you from stranger?
Checking in from the Washington, DC area.​

What drew you to Star Citizen?
Open-world internet spaceships with shooty bits?! Yes please!​

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Looking forward to some pseudo-organized PVP; love a good zerg fleet.​

What was the first game you remember playing?
The original Wolfenstein was my first true PC game addiction.​

What other games do you play?
Planetside 2 (TEST Outfit), Elder Scrolls series (including ESO), Fallout series, off-and-on EVE, lots of other stuff (have gaming ADD).​

Picard or Kirk?
Urmm... Han Solo?​

Last edited:

hexig

Lieutenant
Mar 22, 2014
RSI Handle
hexig
What are your thoughts on ESO so far?

Is there hope for it?
I've been in betas since about November of last year, definitely seen its ups and downs. Overall I like it enough to have pre-ordered the Imperial version. It was the PVP that sold me; I've never experienced zergs on the scale I've seen in ESO, it's a ton of fun to wash over hundreds of enemies in a huge wave and then siege a keep with a dozen or more siege weapons. In PVE, it definitely had a different feel than other traditional (fantasy) MMOs. The questing feels a bit more open-ended and organic. Also, for once I felt like I could craft useful weapons and armor on "day 1". I think there's hope for it, yes. The real question is how long they can last as pay-2-play and how long PVP will maintain the volume of players needed to keep it fun (the PVP area is friggin' huge).

Last edited:
Reactions: Walex

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome!

After one beta weekend, I like ESO, but I feel almost like it could've been more.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I've been in betas since about November of last year, definitely seen its ups and downs. Overall I like it enough to have pre-ordered the Imperial version. It was the PVP that sold me; I've never experienced zergs on the scale I've seen in ESO, it's a ton of fun to wash over hundreds of enemies in a huge wave and then siege a keep with a dozen or more siege weapons. In PVE, it definitely had a different feel than other traditional (fantasy) MMOs. The questing feels a bit more open-ended and organic. Also, for once I felt like I could craft useful weapons and armor on "day 1". I think there's hope for it, yes. The real question is how long they can last as pay-2-play and how long PVP will maintain the volume of players needed to keep it fun (the PVP area is friggin' huge).
Thanks for that in depth reply! That PVP sounds incredible! I always missed the weekend betas doing to working weekends in the lab, but none of my friends seemed keen on trying it, and I know I unfortunately need social interaction to keep me going on an MMO. I actually liked the subscription based The Old Republic and when it went F2P, the game really lost a lot of its appeal to me. With frequent updates, content, and I don't feel like I'm being nickel and dimed for everything, I really don't mind a subscription fee at all. Maybe microtransactions ruin the immersion for me?

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
I actually liked the subscription based The Old Republic and when it went F2P, the game really lost a lot of its appeal to me.
Couldn't have said it better myself. F2P was so horrendously restricted if forced players to sub or quit entirely. Great story line though.

@hexig I gave in and purchased it. BluChew in game name if you want someone to shoot the shit with.

Reactions: Walex
Forgot your password?