Rearming question.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
The Endevor too I suspect: it has an hangar module, I'll be surprised if it won't came with reamr and refuel capability.

Oh, and the Kraken: it has for sure the abilty for refuel (taking toe jucie from the Kraken tank) , I suspect it will have some sort of rearming capability too, meybe not a more automated one.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
The Endevor too I suspect: it has an hangar module, I'll be surprised if it won't came with reamr and refuel capability.
According to the Q&A i doubt it.

While you can actually probably store ammo and fuel in the hangar like any other cargo (as they mention it is possible to also store cargo in the hangar at the expense of ships space), the hangar of the endeavor was made to work in tandem with the medical pod. The hangar is used to spawn one small sized ship, and can store up to 4 ships (at least 4 small ships, or 1 medium and 2 small ships), while endeavor is moving in QT. Of course it can be used separately but they have not mentioned any automatic refuel/rearm capabilities so far. You will have to do it manually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esctasy and Deroth

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I believe the Kraken will as well based off the hanger capabilities CIG has stated for it.
Not only the hangars but also the landing pads. There will even be a rail system to move cargo, ammo and fuel between ships landed on the 6 pads and the kraken internal cargo bay (in addition to the 2 internal hangars). Others capital ships can also do this (Polaris has limited repair/refuel abilities, and Idris can do both also, 890 probably also).

But back to OP question, i dont think there is any ship besides the Vulcan (and the Crucible obviously) that has a built-in rearm and repair capabilities under capital size.

But you could still do it manually with the (upcoming) repair bot not yet released and the other personnal repair bot from original backers (it is in our hangar but it is not in game yet).

amx1repair-bot.jpg

CIG stated many times it could be possible to refuel a ship manually, and to rearm it moving the cargo by yourself (probably with some small vehicle i guess).

edit : bot hangar picture added.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deroth and Esctasy

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Not only the hangars but also the landing pads. There will even be a rail system to move cargo, ammo and fuel between ships landed on the 6 pads and the kraken internal cargo bay (in addition to the 2 internal hangars). Others capital ships can also do this (Polaris has limited repair/refuel abilities, and Idris can do both also, 890 probably also).

But back to OP question, i dont think there is any ship besides the Vulcan (and the Crucible obviously) that has a built-in rearm and repair capabilities under capital size.

But you could still do it manually with the (upcoming) repair bot not yet released and the other personnal repair bot from original backers (it is in our hangar but it is not in game yet).

CIG stated many times it could be possible to refuel a ship manually, and to rearm it moving the cargo by yourself (probably with some small vehicle i guess).

edit : bot hangar picture added.
Kool thanks for the info.

Reactions: Deroth and vahadar

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Kool thanks for the info.
Something worth mentioning from the Nautilus Q&A :

Are drone bays like the one in the Nautilus universal? For example, can they equip repair/refuel drones and likewise, can other drone-carrying ships like the Vulcan and Carrack equip NEMO drones?

The Nautilus can equip and use drones from the Vulcan and Carrack but lacks the equipment to repair or refit them for their specified roles. Similarly, the Vulcan and Carrack can equip NEMO drones but don’t have the means to store mines, so they would have to disable them and leave them behind.

---

This would mean any ship carrying drones would be able to use the Vulcan drones, but will they be able to take supplies from that ship, this is another story...

Edit : source link

Last edited:
Forgot your password?