Redeemer vs Warden - thoughts?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
In my humble opinion, if you're wanting to train a group of rookies on how to handle turrets & you're planning on using a Vanguard, then you might as well use a Hoplite as then you can have multiple of them sitting in the jump seats while rotating in & out of the turret position. That being said, you can also do that for teaching them how to pilot a Vanguard as well. All without having to return to a station to switch crew members as often.
If you are training why not just use one of the many Hammerheads available?

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Also of note, and though I agree a price-hike is very much expected, as things stand currently the Redeemer is still actually CHEAPER than all of the Vanguards (excluding the Hoplite)! At $10 less than the Warden, I feel like that must be included in any comparisons, and don't think it's been mentioned yet. We'll see how that changes though come new IAE pricing however. . .

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
No this is wrong info, a single Redeemer has far more shields HP than 4 Vanguards. Even more than 10 Vanguards with the current stats. Redeemer has 2*S3 shields (current 230000 max HP) vs the 2*S2 on any Vanguards (current max HP 17250) .
My bad. I thought it was 1 S3 and forgot about the 3.14 changes.

That is tanky alright. Changes everything.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
My bad. I thought it was 1 S3 and forgot about the 3.14 changes.

That is tanky alright. Changes everything.
Beside the shield, the armor hp is not great, like 1.5 times a Vanguard one. With shield down, a Vanguard group can quickly dispose of it yes.

I guess the difficulty of downing a Redeemer vs Vanguards really depends on the skill of the Redeemer pilot, as it is more agile than a Hammerhead, and smaller, but same shield HP.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The 4 Vanguards have 4 S5 gats, same as the Redeemer, and 24 S2 weapons. The real difference is those shields. I thought the Redeemer has 1S3 shield. That's planely not the case. With the huge increase in s3 shield size, this is an enormous difference. It's not large for a medium ship. It's small for a large ship.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
The 4 Vanguards have 4 S5 gats, same as the Redeemer, and 24 S2 weapons.
Yes they are somewhat similar for DPS (missiles excepted) if you take 4 guys into consideration.
Bigger advantage to the Vanguard because of the numerous S2 guns. But that also means crewed Vanguards if 24 otherwise it is 16 S2 ;)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Now, remember, even with the Vanguard agility nerf from 3.14, the Vanguards still win the positional battle.

The Redeemer vs. 4 Vanguards is not likely to end well for the Redeemer. That isn't to say the Vanguards will come out untouched.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm starting to think that we're looking at this all wrong. From what I recall, the Vanguards, as their name suggests, are meant to be long range strike fighters. With the Redeemer being a gunship, perhaps it's meant to fill a role similar to the Hammerhead, but with smaller convoys or convoys of smaller ships moving through smaller jump points?

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I'm starting to think that we're looking at this all wrong. From what I recall, the Vanguards, as their name suggests, are meant to be long range strike fighters. With the Redeemer being a gunship, perhaps it's meant to fill a role similar to the Hammerhead, but with smaller convoys or convoys of smaller ships moving through smaller jump points?
Most probably. The range of the Redeemer is really weak. With stock one you can't jump from Crusader to distant planets like microTech.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Here's another crazy idea. Pair a redeemer or 2 with a squadron of Ions to work as their security as they snipe large targets from range & preferably cover, in case the adversaries send small or medium dog fighters to intercept them.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Most probably. The range of the Redeemer is really weak. With stock one you can't jump from Crusader to distant planets like microTech.
The Redeemer's range is 250% that of the Vanguards. For instance, if you put the same Hemera drive in them, with a decent Q speed of 126 Mk/s, the Vanguard has a range of 298 Mkm, and the Redeemer has a range of 679 Mkm.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
The Redeemer's range is 250% that of the Vanguards. For instance, if you put the same Hemera drive in them, with a decent Q speed of 126 Mk/s, the Vanguard has a range of 298 Mkm, and the Redeemer has a range of 679 Mkm.
If I check the stats from erkul PTU for the Hemera, I have 139 Mkm for the Redeemer. I think the stats are correct since I am currently using the stock one, and the stats are the same as ingame. Hemera is on my buy list fot the PTU so I will let you know.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Closer to the role of the Perseus.
It is good for shooting at the ships pirates will have to use to carry away cargo or carry boarding parties for piracy.

Forgot your password?