ROC mining is pretty damn cool

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
Nice! I am really trying to love the ROC but every time in the last week I tried taking it out I 30k before I can complete a run, I think my ROC is cursed

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Thanks to the relatively good stability of the 3.10.2 servers, I managed to complete few successful mining runs with ROC, and I have to say I like it.

I would never buy any dedicated mining ship, because they are simply... mining ships. Light armor, unimpressive weapon loadout and single purpose only. It's fine, they are mining ships after all, but I need spacecraft that could serve more than one role. Wheeled mining vehicle that could be loaded into any larger cargo ship is perfect for me. It's a great companion for Gemini, heavily armed and armored multi role transport tanker, the ship that allows me to (relatively) safely airlift ROC to any mining field. Starfarer's cargo hold is even large enough to transport 5-6 vehicles that size at a time. I'll come back to this later.

After first two runs I developed the following procedure;

1. Fly to ArcCorp Mining on Yela (or a similar large outpost),

2. Spawn ROC and load it into Gemini,

3. Leave armistice zone and begin looking for hadanite within the outpost area, using ship's scanner,

---- hadanite and dolivine fields are marked with the smaller "cage" hologram than the ship-mineable rocks,
    ---- once I locate any potential field, I approach it and use the inspection mode of the ship scanner to check if it's hadanite or dolivine;

4. Land and unload vehicle once hadanite is located,

5. Collect gems,

6. Drive around and use ROC scanner to locate other crystal fields nearby, in case I saw any during scanning stage; otherwise I return to the ship and go back to step nr 3,

7. Fly back to the outpost once the vehicle cargo hold is filled in at least 30%, but no more than 50%; the servers are still crashing from time to time -- I don't want to waste any time due to 30k

8. Sell gems,

9. Go back to step nr 3 and continue mining, or leave armistice zone, logout from bed and return to step nr 3 another day. Bed logout/login works very well in 3.10; I didn't have a single problem yet -- ships have been always spawning at the same locations, with the vehicles parked in their cargo holds.

This allows me to earn around 80,000 aUEC in less than 1 hour, from step 2 to 8, without a need to travel to any other moon or a planet to sell the gems.
Even if bed login fails at some point, my spawn point is GrimHex, located only few min. from Yela.

Now, the cool part: Starfarer can airlift around 5-6 ROCs at a time; this allows a single person to earn more than 1 million aUEC per game session -- using 5-6 vehicles -- or 5-6 ROC owners to mine together using a single airlift ship, locating the crystal fields and safely transporting vehicles with their precious cargo back and forth to the nearest outpost. This could be a cool event @Black Sunder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ScreenShot1542.jpg

ScreenShot1803.jpg

ScreenShot1866.jpg

ScreenShot1599.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Forgot your password?