Roll call for potential Javelin crowd funding. [Fundraising canceled]

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The poll running seems to indicate interest in crowd funding for a Javelin.

This is a really pricey, but if there is enough interest, we will run a donation drive to get one for the org.

DO NOT DONATE NOW!

We are just want a show of hands of how many are interested and how much you plan to donate.

If the donation target of $2500 is reached in this thread, we will start up a dedicated donation drive through paypal.

Rich assholes with more money than sense:

Munken: $200
DeathStrike: $250
ArrangingStars: $20
ThomServeaux: $50
WarrenPeace: $50
Dortz: $100
Blacksunder: $165
Teczen: $20
Paul: $100
Eminis: $10
Youmaycallme_v: $25
Thecrimsoncyclist: $50
Progger: $25
Lonestary: $50
Groundstain: $50
Upgrayedd: $20
bscmsemo:$100
Rogesh: $15
DesignatedDrunk :$25
Crashman: $10

------------------
$1335
------------------

EDIT

After 24hrs we are at 50% funding.

We can easily hit the target, but as we sober up from the euphoria of being exposed to the Javelin, and the fact that we are already have several members who will be buying these ships, we are going to cancel this Javelin donation drive.

Hi TESTies!

We had some talks with several members in teamspeak over the past 24hrs. It looks like we are going to have at least 4-6 Javelins coming to the org from regulars that hang out in teamspeak and RSI live chat.

We can estimate another 4-6 Javelins from members who do not check in too often.

Starting the game with these numbers are more than satisfactory.

We feel that these funds will be best used if put towards ships that will be used to build our logistics infrastructure and generate income in the game, like the Orion mining platform and the Hull C hauler.

Generating in-game income early and fast will allow us to buy what ever we want with in-game currency, which is a much better idea than making it rain on Chris Roberts.

Thank you all for being so frivolous with your wife's credit card, tell her we thank her!

Last edited:

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
I can throw in $20 since I'm pathetically poor this month. I'll support you guys in whatever you decide. If I join I'll continue to throw money at you when I can.

Reactions: Munken

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Thinking out loud here:

Since the Idris-P ended up not going on sale, we might as well use the funds from that pledge drive to fund an Org Javelin since that is definitely going on sale in the near future as opposed to who-knows-when for the Idris (not that I don't want the Party Boat to happen). We can always do another internal pledge drive later on should an Idris sale be firmly announced.

This would mean that only another $1,250 would need to be pledged internally before next Friday, which should be doable.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
If you do merge the Idris fund and then take the current pledges above, we are just about there.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This would mean that only another $1,250 would need to be pledged internally before next Friday, which should be doable.
Very true, but what if there is a surprise Idris sale?

Also, the members that pitched in for the Idris fund, wanted an idris, not a Javelin.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Very true, but what if there is a surprise Idris sale?

Also, the members that pitched in for the Idris fund, wanted an idris, not a Javelin.
So, take a vote and see if the shareholders... er... TESTies... would be willing to allow a reallocation of funds. It's the same color of money, after all (Acquisition/Purchasing), so it's not like it's an illegal transfer.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'd be up for either one, so long as it could fulfill our partying and crashing goals. Chalk me down for at least another $50 if we decide to do eet.

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Thinking out loud here:

Since the Idris-P ended up not going on sale, we might as well use the funds from that pledge drive to fund an Org Javelin since that is definitely going on sale in the near future as opposed to who-knows-when for the Idris (not that I don't want the Party Boat to happen). We can always do another internal pledge drive later on should an Idris sale be firmly announced.

We where originally talking about doing that, and that might still be what we do.
Here are the pros and cons
Why we shouldn't use the Idris money:
- the Donators donated for an Idris not a JAVLIN

(Now i can't imagine people mind but still)
- We stated that we founded an Idris in 24 hrs. and it would be cool to say the same with the JAVLIN. using the money from the Idris will be cheating in the sense that we only founded half a JAVLIN.

- Getting a JAVLIN in the first place wont make much sense. Nobody will be able to fly it for a long time (assuming that it will be much harder then smaller ships). It is a prime target for other org. so we will probably lose it really early in the game. now its has insurance so we don't care right? well my gut tells me that by the time we would get a replacement ship for the one we broke on day one we have gained enough in game founds to buy a new one.
TL;DR We don't buy it because of the in game advantage but because we can, and it is really awesome to have an org founded JAVLIN.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
I'm putting up $100 for it.

And I agree. The Idris is one thing. we should have it. The Javlin is another.

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Quote "some guy"
If the JAVLIN won't give us an in game advantage why not use the 2500 on 9 Retaliators that are much more manageable to fly in the early game and take out those JAVLINs that others mistakenly bought.
While we could do that here is why I think it would be bad.

- Members of TEST have the small ships in their hangar just waiting for crew to man them,
- if they where to get destroyed in battle they would get replaced much faster then the capital ships. so having a backup in the org hangar wont be needed.
- Bragging about us founding a "mundane" ship in not nearly as effective as a "Rare" ship would be. the amount of ships won't make a difference.

narokusama

Lieutenant
Nov 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Naroku
How do these capital ship perform? Like a forward base or is it fire power for combat exclusive content?

WhooptyWoo

Admiral
Donor
Jul 18, 2014
RSI Handle
WhooptyWoo
In the mean time I will be happy to donate my PIdris' usage to the org hangar, till we build up our fleet.

My plan all along is too turn her into a deep space exploration vessel eventually, but she can be a warship while we build.

Forgot your password?