Saitek X-56 Keybinds for Star Citizen 2.4.x

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I am trying to find some nice keybinds for the Saitek X-56 HOTAS for Star Citizen 2.4.x.

Currently I'm trying out different combinations to see what works, but I admittedly don't have a ton of time to play the game, and I haven't played it at all with HOTAS until just getting this new stick.

I'm wondering - do you have a setup you like?

Or have you seen someone post somewhere with a nice setup for this stick?

@Just Jake I know you said you have an X-56 as well.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I cant see this being very different from the X55 set ups other than the two extra hat switches right?

Typical X55 was this thing:

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I tried loading the SC X-55 profile but it basically makes the stick completely unusable. Maybe 10% of the functions work.

Maybe Saitek remapped everything on account of a few extra buttons added? I don't know.

That's an awesome mapping though, thanks for posting. I'll research it and see.

FWIW the only differences I see here are they added 2 mouse inputs:

- On the throttle the Slide Backward / Slide Forward control is different, it's literally a mouse-like input now with no directions (and no ability to program it either).
- On the flight stick, the Fire Group 2 button doesn't exist either, instead it's another mouse-like stick that isn't programmable.

Both have clicks but they're real hard to click without moving the mouse one direction or another - probably have to set a huge dead zone for it.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
I tried loading the SC X-55 profile but it basically makes the stick completely unusable. Maybe 10% of the functions work.

Maybe Saitek remapped everything on account of a few extra buttons added? I don't know.

That's an awesome mapping though, thanks for posting. I'll research it and see.

FWIW the only differences I see here are they added 2 mouse inputs:

- On the throttle the Slide Backward / Slide Forward control is different, it's literally a mouse-like input now with no directions (and no ability to program it either).
- On the flight stick, the Fire Group 2 button doesn't exist either, instead it's another mouse-like stick that isn't programmable.

Both have clicks but they're real hard to click without moving the mouse one direction or another - probably have to set a huge dead zone for it.
I am able to program mine, and additionally SC recognizes them as the independent rotation axis X/y on each input. Currently I have strafe assigned as analog to the axis on the stick, and forward/reverse strafe to the stick on the throttle. In "EVA Mode", the new stick on the the throttle is programmed as 'bands' with AWDS.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I am able to program mine, and additionally SC recognizes them as the independent rotation axis X/y on each input. Currently I have strafe assigned as analog to the axis on the stick, and forward/reverse strafe to the stick on the throttle. In "EVA Mode", the new stick on the the throttle is programmed as 'bands' with AWDS.
I can program almost everything on it, but not "Mouse Ministick" on the throttle, it's just a mouse input with no ability to do anything different. Also cannot change "C Stick" on the stick, it too is a mouse input only.

I uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled/rebooted to see if that was a problem, but it's still the same.

Also I've found it very difficult to get Saitek to load the profile. I can't just click the taskbar icon to change to the SC profile, I have to start the programming tool, open the profile in the editor and then click the use profile button. What a joke of a UI.

This looks like the same app that Saitek used in 1999. They haven't put any effort into making this any better.

Forgot your password?