ship customization

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Can someone write a short summary as to the state of the ship customization available at present. It appears people have a choice of most of the weapons in the game, as listed here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SPwKk5FsOH3dyMBIQrELpQRW6f1vzqrbJtMHg_bVZLM/edit#gid=555187609

is that correct? And can you choose to swap reactors, chillers, etc? Can you outfit any rides with the Void Armor, or any particular kind of armor, or is that not in game yet? Are folks flying rides with "utility" slots capable of various kinds of radar, etc., able to swap those components?

Fibally, anyone know if this is the most recent componsnt list available?

Reactions: Talonsbane

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Are you going into your Mobi and going to the little ship icon (I think it is second from the left)? Can you look at the different categories and swap out there? That's what I'm doing...if you are looking for good documentation, let me know if you find anything! I'm going by a combo of "if it fits..." and the descriptions in the bottom right (when you highlight it) as well as the descriptions in the shop at Dumpster's Depot.

EDIT: The people at that spread sheet your list go directly into the game data and pull those stats out, for every version. They keep archives of the previous version, so always go to the home page to make sure you are using the most recent version.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
You can swap some components around and buy new ones, etc. The full implementation of components hasnt yet been pushed from CIG yet, but they are working on it. One of the previous RTV episodes goes into more detail on this topic.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Are you going into your Mobi and going to the little ship icon?
I'm not playing yet. Don't have a gaming machine nor the time available right now. So I have to actually ask to get details like these.

I keep making plans for this and that and what I want to do to start and half the time I've no notion what is in game yet. I know I want to start with a Vanguard, but I don't know how well it can be customed to date. People don't seem to write much past what weapons they're choosing, but every so often someone will mention a particular chiller, so I have to wonder what components are available.

I take it no one is seeing "Void Armor" as a choice for their ride?

Xious

Admiral
Dec 4, 2018
RSI Handle
Xious11
Yep, you can swap out all that stuff on the ship. You just need lots and lots and lots of aUEC.

Any time you need to file a claim, you lose all non-standard modules on the ship and you have to purchase them all again and refit.

Reactions: Deroth

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
looks like fleet fights will go down with bog-standard ships

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I think the rebuying of non standard equipment is just for now, IIRC eventually you'll be able to get insurance for the equipment as well right?
That is what CIG has stated a few times, but not yet implemented.

There are many components CIG has stated will eventually be swappable, but not yet implemented.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Yep, you can swap out all that stuff on the ship. You just need lots and lots and lots of aUEC.
Any time you need to file a claim, you lose all non-standard modules on the ship and you have to purchase them all again and refit.
Actually you don't have to pay, as long as you have multiple ships with exchangeable weapons or components. I'm swapping my Vanguard Warden's size 5 gimbal mount with the size 5 CF-557 Galdereen Repeater from my Starfarer Gemini's top turret. When I crash or the game crashes or <insert your favourite way of loosing ship in game here> I simply borrow another CF-557 from Gemini. When I run out of the guns for replacement I simply re-claim Gemini and I'm back in business.

Reactions: Xious and Deroth
Forgot your password?