Ship decisions

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
So the sales are on and tomorrow the Carrack is coming back on sale.

I currently have LTI arch, Starter package that has a 315P, and a standalone LIT Aquila.

As much as i love and am a fan boy of the Aquila the Carrack is really the only thing better. and being able to upgrade the aqula to the Carrack means its a LTI carrack.

UGH!!! i think im gona sell my starter packadge back and upgrade to the carrack then buy a new start packadge lol.

Do you think i should?
Update:
So it will be 45 dollars spent and have Carrack LTI, Archimedes LTI, and starter package

or

no money spent tomorrow and have 315P LTI, Aquila LTI, and starter package.

Big daddy of exploration and eventually upgrade to 315P LTI at a later date, or oldest Son of exploration and a 315P LTI right now...

Last edited:

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
I do intend to use the archametes as an upgrade. allowing me to LTI another ship.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
That's a hard call, because I really really like the Carrack. On the other hand, the Aquila is an excellent explorer in its own right, and is much less crew intensive than the Carrack (I assume). There's also the fact that an Aquila is smaller and can probably navigate smaller jump points than the Carrack.

If you sell your starter pack, you do lose the 315p, which is a very nice little ship exploration ship. The only ship comparable in that size range is the Mustang Beta, and possibly if they put out an exploration variant for the Reliant. I'd actually suggest hanging on to the 315 for right now, and if that means holding off on the Carrack... well, you'll have plenty of time to get it in the verse.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
yes but if the carrack is for about what i think it will be for it will cost me all of 35 bucks to upgrade the archametes to the 315P. and the cost of upgrade will be around 75 or 80 (hopefully since that is what selling back the 315P and its starter packadge is) then ill only be spending like 45 to get a new start package unless they bring out more of the 30 dollar ones and i can pick one up then later on the 35 to upgrade back to the 315P with LTI. or the Reliant with LTI. hmm i duno lol

its a tough decision I have to make tomorrow. If i hesitate ill hate myself but if i act to quickly i might hate myself later on as well lol.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
another thing i just thought of is getting a reliant upgrade. either having the reliant with the starter package and 315P as LTI or 315P kept with starter package and reliant as LTI.

UGH lol

So many decisions to make.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Or i can take the 315P and put it on LTI and have a new starter packadge. that wont cost me any money then id have 2 LTI exploration ships.

Man this sucks lol

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Ships I want.
Carrack
Aquila
315P
Reliant

I dont have the money for all of them and I never will to be honest. At this point I really can only have 2 and then a 3rd wheel ship that I might be able to later upgrade to a cheap ship. The cheapest is the Reliant. I want to focus on exploration and while the Aquila is more than enough ship to explore, the carrack is twice the ship with only one more crew slot. The Aquila is what got me into SC and exploration and I will get it faster in game than the Carrack, but the Carrack has twice the bells and whistles.

If i had to choose between the 315P and Reliant I would choose the 315P. so no matter what I think I am keeping a 315P in the end.

Now to decide between the Carrack and the Aquila...

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
So it will be 45 dollars spent and have Carrack LTI, Archimedes LTI, and starter package

or

no money spent tomorrow and have 315P LTI, Aquila LTI, and starter package.

Big daddy of exploration and eventually upgrade to 315P LTI at a later date, or oldest Son of exploration and a 315P LTI right now...

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
All of the ships will be available again at the end of the week. You've got a few days to think on it.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Oh man you have fallen into one of those hard moments in SC. If I had a dollar for every time I have gone through this lol I would have all the ships I was worrying about XD haha. I guess it comes down to what is calling you most?

Forgot your password?