Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 11, 2015
RSI Handle
AurThEx
Where you from stranger?
UK, England

What drew you to Star Citizen?
It's an ambitious project. It's hard not to care about a game that the creators have so much passion for. Also most space sims feel more like spreadsheet simulators than Firefly.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
All of it. Mostly I just want to be part of a crew. Don't care if I'm the captain or a grunt, I'm in it for the ride.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Probably something basic like Frogger, but I played FFVII not long after. That was a trip. I just finished a nostalgia run earlier this week come to think of it.

What other games do you play?
I dabbled in KSP. Looking forward to Fallout 4, I've been playing that since 1. Long term fan of Square too. Played Destiny for a while, but TTK isn't a priority.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?
Just followed some links on Reddit yesterday, ended up on the Discord chat. Everyone was really helpful and I figured this is where I'd like to hang my hat. Also, all the Aurora stuff is hilarious.

Picard or Kirk?
I guess Kirk, but I've only seen the recent movies. Picard looks like a boss though so it's not an easy call.

Oh yeah, here's the kicker. My CPU and GPU combined cost me about £120. I'm the definition of a shoestring pilot, which might be a term I just made up. Somehow I can run SC on the lowest settings. I'm just as surprised as you.

So yeah, hey, anyone wanna slum it with my pentium CPU?

Last edited:
Reactions: WarrenPeace

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Welcome to TEST! As long as you can afford, the next round, we're glad to have you!

Also, your name makes me giggle a little.

Aurora The Explorer

Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 11, 2015
RSI Handle
AurThEx
Hells yeah! Do you have the 60MHz or the 66MHz proc? I hear there's this FDIV bug on them, though - might cause issues.
It's a G3258 overclocked to 4.1ghz, but I'm not totally sure what you mean by MHz proc or FDIV bug. Still learning the ropes.

Also, your name makes me giggle a little.
Thanks, I figured it would go down well. You're username cracks me up too.

Miguelese

Commander
Aug 29, 2015
RSI Handle
Miguelese
Welcome, welcome. I had a play with one of those G2158s but my attempts at fiddling were not very stable, probably just me having no real idea what I was doing. Swapped it out for a 5970 with no overclocking because ...noob.

Aurora The Explorer

Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 11, 2015
RSI Handle
AurThEx
Welcome, welcome. I had a play with one of those G2158s but my attempts at fiddling were not very stable, probably just me having no real idea what I was doing. Swapped it out for a 5970 with no overclocking because ...noob.
It's actually super easy to do depending on your cpu. I was lucky in that the g3258 is particularly flexible and I found a guide detailing exactly what to do. The gist is to increase your voltage via the bios to a stable but higher amount (1.3v is a high but still safe amount on the g3258) and then increase your clock speed to a higher amount (such as 4.5ghz). If the computer crashes, lower the clock speed a little. If it loads, stress test and watch your temp. If your temp exceeds 90c (I actually used 85c) then go back in to your bios and lower your voltage a little. If it crashes again, lower clock speed. Repeat until it can run 6 hours stress tested without breaking 90c.

Don't attempt anything based on my guide though, I'm a noob too haha. It's rewarding and safe so long as you keep your voltage and temp down.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
It's a G3258 overclocked to 4.1ghz, but I'm not totally sure what you mean by MHz proc or FDIV bug. Still learning the ropes.
When you said 'Pentium', I guessed you were making a joke about having only the original 1993 Pentium as a CPU (hence my questions regarding whether you had a 60MHz or a 66MHz CPU, which were the original release versions).

The FDIV bug was based on an error in a lookup table on the original Pentium CPUs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_FDIV_bug

In other words, my comments were an attempt at a humorous comment on the processor you had available - kind of an old school shibboleth...

At any rate, welcome to our weird little group of miscreants, alcoholics, layabouts, and moosenagums. (I may have just made that word up, sorry)

Aurora The Explorer

Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 11, 2015
RSI Handle
AurThEx
6 hours...jeeezus, I could get drunk, sober up and get drunk again in that time.
If you skip out the part where you sober up the time goes much faster!

When you said 'Pentium', I guessed you were making a joke about having only the original 1993 Pentium as a CPU...

At any rate, welcome to our weird little group of miscreants, alcoholics, layabouts, and moosenagums. (I may have just made that word up, sorry)
Oh right, sorry for the confusion. I think the original pentium is older than I am, mine was made in 2014.

Also I'm like 90% sure that moosenagums is a real word. It sounds like a real word.

Forgot your password?