Should i melt my Glaive for an endeavor?

melt glaive for endeavor?

• yay

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • nay

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
Got the glaive when they were available, but now that the endeavor is out it looks to be pretty B/A. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
sell it if you want don't melt it. tbh the glaive is rarer than the endeavor imo.

Reactions: Knax

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
Can't sell @Salt Lake , I planned on keeping it and bought it with store credit :/ . I'm not dropping 350 on ANOTHER ship and its between the Glaive and the Carrack, which isn't going anywhere. I'm not super attached to they Glaive anyhow so its either melt it or sit this one out.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Got the glaive when they were available, but now that the endeavor is out it looks to be pretty B/A. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!?!?!?!
You can melt it, get the Endeavor, and get back at the Glaive at a later date by sending a request to customer support. They will require you to have $350 in store credit and they can put it back in your account.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
You can melt it, get the Endeavor, and get back at the Glaive at a later date by sending a request to customer support. They will require you to have $350 in store credit and they can put it back in your account.
But $350 in store credit can also purchase 10 Auroras... why would you want a Glaive over an Aurora?

Quasaris

Rear Admiral
May 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Quasaris
The thing is...

Which one do you prefer to have for toying around during the beta and when the game goes live?
(In alpha forget about the Endeavor... I mean, completely)

If you decide to melt keep in mind you'll need to hire a 16 NPC crew!!!
So yes, keep that Carrack of yours you're gonna need it to get there.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Save the Glaive, get an endeavor whenever (once the PU launches). You won't be able to get the Glaive again, while the endeavor is going to be a readily available ship.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Save the Glaive, get an endeavor whenever (once the PU launches). You won't be able to get the Glaive again, while the endeavor is going to be a readily available ship.
what he said

alternatively, you could gift the Glaive to me

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I'm 100% for how many awesome things the Endeavor can do but a lot of people are super overestimating what they'll personally be able to do with it and underestimating the required PC's and NPS's needed to get anything done at all. This is a super ship and only holds great value for orgs, like TEST, who have a lot of people to crew it and make the most out of it.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Remember, we have a dozen Endeavours floating around already. If you want to make spacemeth, then all you gotta do is find one of those guys and ask.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
The thing is...

Which one do you prefer to have for toying around during the beta and when the game goes live?
(In alpha forget about the Endeavor... I mean, completely)

If you decide to melt keep in mind you'll need to hire a 16 NPC crew!!!
So yes, keep that Carrack of yours you're gonna need it to get there.
I'd rather have the endeavor personally, just for the raw amount of science power. I feel like the Glaive is just going to be a show piece.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I try to buy ships that fit a useful role for money making and org support, the only ship I have that does not really fit that bill is the 890 Jump, which I grabbed since it was a limited number ship. (so far)

Since you said that you paid for the Glaive with store credits, I personally would melt it to grab the Endeavor since its module systems can give it alot more options in a single ship. also who knows what else they will make for it down the road

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
Remember, we have a dozen Endeavours floating around already. If you want to make spacemeth, then all you gotta do is find one of those guys and ask.
I can't start a space-meth empire from " someone else's ship" warren jeeze..... :p . But in all seriousness i want the star trek experience, boldly going and what not, hence the reason i got the Carrack.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
I try to buy ships that fit a useful role for money making and org support, the only ship I have that does not really fit that bill is the 890 Jump, which I grabbed since it was a limited number ship. (so far)

Since you said that you paid for the Glaive with store credits, I personally would melt it to grab the Endeavor since its module systems can give it alot more options in a single ship. also who knows what else they will make for it down the road
That's basically what i was thinking. The Glaive isn't going to really serve a purpose. @Montoya do you have any real number on how many endeavors we have? I don't want to get it if we already have a bunch.

Last edited:

bod699

Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
bod699
I am definitely going to be trading my Glaive in for an Endeavor sometime in the next week. Havent decided to melt or just sell yet but I only picked it up as a temporary ship until the Endeavor arrived..

Its true the Glaive is a rare ship, it may be a decent ship to use in the PU. Not really currently however.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
If Ben and Disco are correct on ATV, the Crusible will be able to tow damaged ships

if it was not for this ship, i would buy the $900 master set Endeavor

*edit looks like we could turn the launch bay into a cargo bay according to the Q&A, not the most ideal cargo ship, but its a nice bonus if you need to move stuff around

Last edited:
Forgot your password?