Shpook here!

Shpook

Ensign
Nov 5, 2013
Where you from stranger?
I am sadly born and raised in the hell-hole known as South Florida. I grew up in Hollywood, and now live in a small town call Dania Beach. Please help.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I haven't played yet. :( But I will within the next few days, I promise.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
My favorite part of any game is economies. I really don't care what kind of game it is, as long as it has an economy I can manipulate. Second to that is how diverse SC will be.

What was the first game you remember playing?
I grew up as a master of Pitfall on Atari. It progressed to Contra/Excitebike on NES, ChronoTrigger on SNES, Revenge of Shinobi on SEGA, and then progrssed to PC games: Wolf3D, Ultima, Diablo/DII, Space Cowboys, Bad Company 2 and countless others.

What other games do you play?
Planetside 2, Arma 3, Rift, BF4, and soon to be SC. I spend a majority of my time designing missions, scripts, and addons for Arma3.

Picard or Kirk?
It's gotta be Picard.

Anything else you want to blurt out.
I tend to enjoy games where I can screw around more than be super serious. I'm known to put 1000+ hours into a game, and not have a damn thing to show for it. It's all about having fun. :)

Wardak

Lieutenant
Nov 1, 2013
If you plan on playing in the next few days you're going to have a problem.

Reactions: LuLu

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Yeah... SC isn't out for another 1.5-2 years, mate. Glad to have you with us, though! Ever played EVE Online? Now THAT is a game with an economy to manipulate.

Reactions: Magnumag

Shpook

Ensign
Nov 5, 2013
Err, rather, I haven't pledged. I swear, I knew it wasn't out yet. :P

Flipper, I played EVE for a bit. While it was a lot of fun, I just couldn't get into it. I keep saying I'll give it another shot....

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
To be fair, I haven't really played it either. Judging by my experiences with it and other people's anecdotes, though, the key is to find a good corporation. We have some EVE players in TEST Corps, they could tell you more.

Magnumag

Commander
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Magnumag
It is just so unforgiving. You can bust your digital ass for weeks to get something nasty, and then get ganked and lose it all. Definitely not a game for going it solo, but oh so rewarding when you succeed for all the reasons outlined!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Welcome Shpook!

Wow! Pitfall! That brings back some memories.

Some guys are trying to pull together a BF4 platoon at r/testplatoon .

If you can help them out Im sure they would be very appreciative!

Daiten Baou

Rear Admiral
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
DaitenTryce
To be fair, I haven't really played it either. Judging by my experiences with it and other people's anecdotes, though, the key is to find a good corporation. We have some EVE players in TEST Corps, they could tell you more.
I was big industry in EVE... harsh reality of economics are very much there.

Forgot your password?