Ski Season is In!

Do you ski or snowboard?

• Total voters

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
As a skier, I get that artificial snow is a positive thing. It allows you to enjoy the hobby better, keeps the slopes running, makes for a longer season, keeps people employed longer, and may even make for better skiing.

As a weirdo, it just doesn't seem right to me. It's like artificial waves for surfing, artificial sun for sunbathing, artificial whitewater rivers for rafting, etc.

Anyway, my point was that skiing down an artificial slope with "real" snow on it for some odd reason seems better to me than skiing down a real slope with artificial snow. Color me odd. Periwinkle, even.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I'm going skiing tomorrow will take some pics! So excited about trying some of the new tricks I saw on YouTube.

Dragor

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2013
RSI Handle
Wargas
I'm going skiing tomorrow will take some pics! So excited about trying some of the new tricks I saw on YouTube.
People today... think they can do anything they saw once on the internetz....

Have fun and maybe do a video!

Cookie

Captain
Jan 18, 2014
RSI Handle
CookieMan
I just got a new snowboard for Christmas, so I got that going for me. Also on the school snowboard team

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I haven't went skiing in 2 years now... well this year the winter has been particularly evil with its -25C super freeze, then everything melts in above 0C, and back down to -20C again...

here in Quebec, I usually go to Bromont, which is an hour drive from Montreal. A nicer place would be Tremblant but I've actually never ski'ed there... (although I've visited a couple times during the non-snowy seasons)

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
That's just dangerous.

Not to mention when i clipped an uncleared portion of the run with my right leg, and my left leg kept going.
The slope was super wide and had no one on it. It's just steep; crashing on it just means a lot of sliding and a possible yard sale.

That being said, my brother's pretty crazy at skiing. Sometimes he goes down backwards. He also lost a ski after a jump once and almost didn't notice.

Forgot your password?