Small F5 win but it is what I wanted.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
As the title says, a small F5 win in purchasing the Constellation Phoenix. Happy with that as it was what I wanted from the current flyable ships I need in my fleet.

Also pleasantly surprised at the price for the Galaxy. Picked one up and will likely instruct my grandkids to melt the constellation in around 15 years time if it turns out better when it actually gets released.

Now.. to buy the Apollo triage just for nee-naw nee-naw flashing light fun times?

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Congratuations - I managed to grab one as well (these lasted around 3 minutes in wave 1), so now I "own" both the 2 limited hull ships I wanted.

I was worried this was going to be my only path to getting one:
Phoenix squadron launch!! Congratulations. I remember you saying some time ago you were wanting to get one. Glad you got yours too.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Phoenix squadron launch!! Congratulations. I remember you saying some time ago you were wanting to get one. Glad you got yours too.
Thanks - I don't really like the Constellation family of ships in general, but this (and to a lesser degree, the Taurus) feels the best of the line. I could probably take a liking to the Aquila if they could do something similar to the Phoenix by putting an upper floor over the cargo space with "exploration" related features on it - Simply replacing the upper turret with a scanner just doesn't make it feel "exploration" enough for me... The crew quarters on the entire line also could do with a little work.

Sadly, unlike the Pioneer from earlier in the IAE, this one probably can't be melted to release funds for other items (I hope the skins for BIS ships arrive tomorrow so I can recycle a couple of the ships), as I need to ensure it's in my hangar when the Lynx is released, in the hope of getting a $5 discount coupon.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Congratulations to you both! 🥳 Got one too! 🍸🥃🍾🥂

(Though I'm a little bit sad that we can't name them yet.)
Congratulations to you too. With our new small team we should call ourselves Phoenix rising.

Same with the naming thing. I was hoping they would allow us to name them. I didn't have one ready but I'm sure it would have been interesting seeing the different options considering the meaning of the name.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Thanks - I don't really like the Constellation family of ships in general, but this (and to a lesser degree, the Taurus) feels the best of the line. I could probably take a liking to the Aquila if they could do something similar to the Phoenix by putting an upper floor over the cargo space with "exploration" related features on it - Simply replacing the upper turret with a scanner just doesn't make it feel "exploration" enough for me... The crew quarters on the entire line also could do with a little work.

Sadly, unlike the Pioneer from earlier in the IAE, this one probably can't be melted to release funds for other items (I hope the skins for BIS ships arrive tomorrow so I can recycle a couple of the ships), as I need to ensure it's in my hangar when the Lynx is released, in the hope of getting a $5 discount coupon.
Agreed with your points about the Aquila. There was just something about it that didn't catch my eye and you pretty much nailed it.

I too hope the skins arrive straight away as I was hoping to melt my carrack to get a few others before the close out. I hope we just actually need them in the hanger for the reset at 4pm utc for me and that wildly crazy 3am ish for you. If so then I can complete my plans and I'm happy.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Longtime Phoenix owner/lover here too! Still holding out a small amount of hope that they 'finish' it by reworking the front crew area someday, but it really has two big advantages that make me use it regularly. Firstly, it is HUGELY versatile. Fine to solo, or with a buddy you can man a turret OR fly the snub, on TOP of having a vehicle in the hold. I can't name another medium ship that can pack both at the same time. Secondly, the interior is a genuinely NICE place to spend time. Longer QT is no big deal, as you just hop out of the seat and go back and look out the windows at the stars! Windows are really underrated IMO, and other than Origin ships, this has some of the best!

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Longtime Phoenix owner/lover here too! Still holding out a small amount of hope that they 'finish' it by reworking the front crew area someday, but it really has two big advantages that make me use it regularly. Firstly, it is HUGELY versatile. Fine to solo, or with a buddy you can man a turret OR fly the snub, on TOP of having a vehicle in the hold. I can't name another medium ship that can pack both at the same time. Secondly, the interior is a genuinely NICE place to spend time. Longer QT is no big deal, as you just hop out of the seat and go back and look out the windows at the stars! Windows are really underrated IMO, and other than Origin ships, this has some of the best!
I was thinking if I could justify the extra cost of the Phoenix over the Andromeda but as you said the living space at the back is a nice touch to the long expected travelling times as the game opens up into other systems. The better snub and the inclusion of the ursa rover pushed it that last few feet over the line.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
It would be nice if the passengers received their own entrance, rather than be forced to enter through the dingy cargo bay or disappointing crew section... Giving them their own bathroom facilities would also be a nice touch in any future rework.

Oh, and maybe fix the hottub? (Maybe the reason it's not working is that previous passengers had been using it due to having no other bathroom facilities in their section of the ship?)

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
It would be nice if the passengers received their own entrance, rather than be forced to enter through the dingy cargo bay or disappointing crew section... Giving them their own bathroom facilities would also be a nice touch in any future rework.

Oh, and maybe fix the hottub? (Maybe the reason it's not working is that previous passengers had been using it due to having no other bathroom facilities in their section of the ship?)
I hear the reason they took the hot tub away was that an inexperienced traveller died after a drug fuelled orgy in the tub and now they say the Constellation Ghost is roaming space looking for victims.

Forgot your password?