So how did you end up here?

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I have been a gamer for a very, very long time. So I routinely keep track of new games and am constantly hunting for a new internet home (so to speak). I like settling into one game for a while rather than playing a bunch of them simultaneously. I like learning about that game and feeling rewarded when I do so. However, it has been a very long time since any game has felt rewarding. That's why I have historically kept track of most new games as they get developed.

Star Citizen was no different. I ran across the game back when it was a kickstarter. I checked it out but it never really took. I like having an avatar and I really couldn't get behind the idea that a ship was going to be my avatar. So I blew it off and moved on. I think at that time I was playing WoW with a grip of friends.

Star Citizen crossed my path again when Arena Commander came out (I think that was the timeframe). That's when there was a bunch of talk about an actual character. That was sounding more proper. However, when I looked into it, it sounded like it was only going to be an entirely solo affair. Out in the universe, you were a ship. However, in the privacy of your own hanger, you could walk around. Nobody else could see you or visit, but you could walk around. I ended up passing on SC once again. I think I was playing Wildstar at the time.

This time around, my Star Citizen encounter happened because of the Oculus. It was finally going to preorder. So for a while there, I was obsessed with finding out which games would work on it. I wanted to be educated before I dropped money on the preorder. That's when I ran into Star Citizen again.

... and man, did I find it. They were doing FPS too?! I jumped in with both feet and haven't looked back since. What has followed has been nothing short of amazing. The scope of this thing (if they put it all in) will be larger than any other game to date. The game play possibilities (if they put it all in) will be an ACTUAL sandbox instead of this word that developers keep using as an excuse for a lack of content. I can't wait. This is going to be one hell of a run.

So that's the story of a guy and how he found his internet spaceships. How did you end up here?

Reactions: Teru

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I actually got an invite to the org after backing and had been posting on the forum. Back in those days you'd spam your invite to everyone and see if people would join. Anyway I had played Eve Online so i was familiar with TEST Alliance. Wanted to be part of a large org so once I had looked at the propaganda TOTALLY FACTUAL WRITINGS AND GRAPHICS I joined. Been here over 2 years now and as of late June this year I am the leader of the Industry Division.

Reactions: NapalmX and Teru

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
oh wait, we're supposed to talk about what we do. Yeah I shitpost and constantly spam up chat... All day. Every day.

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
I have been gaming for a long time. I have been everything from a peon to the leader of a decent guild in WoW. I have watched great groups of people fall apart over the smallest stupid things, like someone took an extra potion out of the guild bank when they were not supposed to. Let me tell you I am so glad to have found an Org that is just here to have fun and not care about stupid piddly crap like that. Oh, yeah, I followed Cosmic here. He is a great guy.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
I felt called... by that i mean i backed my aurora into the bar, people were angry until the cargo hold spilled open (if was full of whiskey and beer... and one case of 42below, for russianJ

Reactions: Dalarast and Teru

ThunderKraken

Space Marshal
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Thunder_Kraken
I played SWG, and I really enjoyed playing Jump to Lightspeed. I liked all the different components of a ship. Shields, guns, armor I liked constantly going out in space to loot different components in order to improve my gear. Most of it was chance. All in all it was great space sim. The game shutdown altogether.

Years ago I wanted to play a spaceship game and did a google. That's when I saw CR's kickstarter vid. It was very early in development. Every now and then I would check in on it. It wasn't until early this year I pledged and signed up.

Teru

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Teru
Star Citizen gave me something to look forward to. Back in 2013 I was serving in the Australian Army and needed leg surgery. I had a month of not being able walk around and having something to follow really saved me many hours of boredom. From that point forward the development process has always been the main attraction for me.

Reactions: SPRNinja

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Star Citizen gave me something to look forward to. Back in 2013 I was serving in the Australian Army and needed leg surgery. I had a month of not being able walk around and having something to follow really saved me many hours of boredom. From that point forward the development process has always been the main attraction for me.
onwards mate

Forgot your password?