So I hear this is the org for a noob to come to before he rage quits?

LordRedhawk

Ensign
Mar 22, 2024
RSI Handle
LordRedhawk
So I hear this is the org for a noob to come to before he rage quits? I'm new to SC. Been playing a little over a week solo. I play most every day all day. I didn't want to join an org until I at least learned the basic mechanics of the game. It's been rough, I tell you! I absolutely love space sim games and SC is top notch except for.... the BUGS! I think I've worked through most of them (I have no doubt there are more). I'm more stubborn than the bugs. So now SC and I have this "love/hate" relationship. I've somehow managed to earn about 500k UAC after losing all my money I don't know how many times to server crashes and other wonderfully assorted bugs.

I decided it's time now to join up with you guys and have some fun. I did join your Discord server, but I can't speak in there due to, you guessed it, more bugs! But it's Discord bugs now. I can't verify my phone number in your Discord server because Discord decided to attach my phone number to another disabled account. I have a support ticket open with them now. If any of you would like to add me on my functional Discord account while I work out my phone number issue with Discord support, the username is fiddleminger. (with the period at the end). Looking forward to running with y'all.

LordRedhawk

Attachments

LordRedhawk

Ensign
Mar 22, 2024
RSI Handle
LordRedhawk
Welcome to the TEST party!

Based on what you've experienced & learned about Star Citizen so far, do you have any favorite ships, game play types or anything else?
Well, I've learned to keyboard pilot fairly well (no joystick). I'm up to the Connie rental running gold and diamond trades. Take a look at these money in hand figures and you'll see the root of my frustration: 449k, 527k, 574k, 724k, 874k, 996k, 1028k, 785k, 935k, 1075k, 1216k, 646k, 677k. I broke 1 mil twice and then back below 1 mil solely due to 30k's. I've not once lost money by being attacked by a pirate. Right now my goal is to get about 6 mil so I can buy a C2 hauler for faster profits (or losses LOL!). Just space trucking to make enough money to get into other things.

My end game goal is air-to-air combat and ground sniping. In the games I've played in the past with planes/spaceships, I've usually excelled in air combat. I would seriously consider buying a joystick dedicated to SC if the 30k's would stop.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well, I've learned to keyboard pilot fairly well (no joystick). I'm up to the Connie rental running gold and diamond trades. Take a look at these money in hand figures and you'll see the root of my frustration: 449k, 527k, 574k, 724k, 874k, 996k, 1028k, 785k, 935k, 1075k, 1216k, 646k, 677k. I broke 1 mil twice and then back below 1 mil solely due to 30k's. I've not once lost money by being attacked by a pirate. Right now my goal is to get about 6 mil so I can buy a C2 hauler for faster profits (or losses LOL!). Just space trucking to make enough money to get into other things.

My end game goal is air-to-air combat and ground sniping. In the games I've played in the past with planes/spaceships, I've usually excelled in air combat. I would seriously consider buying a joystick dedicated to SC if the 30k's would stop.
I'm guessing that as soon as you respawned, that you went to reclaim your lost ship? 1 of the new features in SC has you wait like 10-15 min before reclaiming your lost ships so that the back end systems can sort out the items lost from a 30k & restore them in the ship at your last location or current location. If I'm remembering this correctly. I'm still in the process of waking up. LoL

As for becoming better at aerial combat with fighter ships, I suggest that at some point either purchasing / renting a small fighter in game & trying various low risk combat missions while building up your skills, or possibly subscribing for a month or so to build up the REC currency to rent a fighter in the Arena Commander system & then take on some of the fight modules like Pirate or Vanduul Swarm.

Reactions: Ayeteeone

LordRedhawk

Ensign
Mar 22, 2024
RSI Handle
LordRedhawk
I'm guessing that as soon as you respawned, that you went to reclaim your lost ship? 1 of the new features in SC has you wait like 10-15 min before reclaiming your lost ships so that the back end systems can sort out the items lost from a 30k & restore them in the ship at your last location or current location. If I'm remembering this correctly. I'm still in the process of waking up. LoL

As for becoming better at aerial combat with fighter ships, I suggest that at some point either purchasing / renting a small fighter in game & trying various low risk combat missions while building up your skills, or possibly subscribing for a month or so to build up the REC currency to rent a fighter in the Arena Commander system & then take on some of the fight modules like Pirate or Vanduul Swarm.
Yes, I'm familiar with the 30k recovery process, but half the time it doesn't work and I lose everything anyway. That's ok, though, because the quality of the game itself outweighs the bugs I think.

I'm going to continue running trades to get enough money to just buy my ships outright, after thorough research, of course. I need 6 mil to buy a C2 and have enough left over for my first trade run in it to build up money.

I got back to just over 1 mil again last night, so 5 mil more to go.

Discord support still hasn't resolved my phone number issue after some days, so I still can't join the TEST Discord server to hook up with any of you guys yet. My own Discord is working fine, though, but no one from TEST has sent me a friend request yet. My Discord username is fiddleminger. (with the period at the end) if you or anyone else wants to add me. Thanks!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Ok, that's good that you got some of it back. I can't tell you how much aUEC I've lost due to 30Ks through the years since 3.0, but I can say that I've lost a few loads since they came out with the recovery system as well, though thankfully a lot less often. Sorry for the delay on the friend invite on Discord, I recently changed phones & it's being a bugger to log in on this new phone. LoL

edit: Invite sent from Talonsbane on Discord

Reactions: Ayeteeone
Forgot your password?