So I lost my job.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Trade Schools are amazing when it comes to specialty
THIS! I'm not encouraging my kids to rack up a lifetime of student loan debt; I just tell them to start out with learning a trade until they "get life figured out", and THEN get a higher education *if* it is actually needed for career advancement. Of course it also wouldn't surprise me if most disenfranchised degree-earners like myself are telling THEIR kids the exact same thing, so 20-30 years from now, the market will have a glut of tradesmen & not enough degree'd people. (assuming of course WWIII hasn't wiped out civilized life, ha ha) erm... actually having a trade (plumbing, electrician, carpentry, etc... ) would be MUCH more useful in a SHTF scenario, so, maybe there is something to that, too, heh...

gladestone

Vice Admiral
Mar 8, 2015
RSI Handle
gladestone
You can apply at dunbar.com my company its a armed guard out fit, We pick up money an bring it back safely get to carry a gun, has good insurance an ,you can do your scheduled part time if you need it..Let me know ill let you use my name as a sponcer for the job..

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Interesting. I hadn't thought of it that way. Admittedly, however, my experience with MEPS was about 20 years ago, so maybe things have changed.
Yup. I was slated for Air Force OTS for an engineering position (strictly in the lab stuff, no combat). I checked one box on the questionaire and it unleashed a torrent of "We require more documentation..." followed up with further evaluations, etc. I even received notes from my physicians saying that their records were incomplete, I was misdiagnosed, etc, but that still wasn't enough. In the end, my recruiter didn't really seem to back me on that, and suggested I just not pursue an appeal. I kind of regret that, to this day (this was 5 years ago, ish)

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Yup. I was slated for Air Force OTS for an engineering position (strictly in the lab stuff, no combat). I checked one box on the questionaire and it unleashed a torrent of "We require more documentation..." followed up with further evaluations, etc. I even received notes from my physicians saying that their records were incomplete, I was misdiagnosed, etc, but that still wasn't enough. In the end, my recruiter didn't really seem to back me on that, and suggested I just not pursue an appeal. I kind of regret that, to this day (this was 5 years ago, ish)
Yes. But at least you met me. Life complete.

Reactions: NeoHelios_SC
Forgot your password?