so is this new patch as awesome as the patch notes?

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
God, I hope so. I'm going out tonight, so I most likely wont get a chance to wrap my meathooks around a stick until tomorrow and it's driving me crazy. The old targeting was so bad for HOTAS users, and this sounds like exactly the breath of fresh air I'll need to get back in the saddle for swarm and squadron battle.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Ive just been playing and omg am i loving it, im getting kill after kill in my 325, for the first time, i've been playing arena commander and not hating it. This patch is awesome

Progger

Captain
Donor
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Prog
As a HOTAS player it's awesome, kills galore.

I am still getting stuck in my VFG hangar's lift which sucks. Thought the newest patch would have fixed it.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I've actually managed to hit something with non-gimballed weapons on a mouse and keyboard, so it's a big improvement for me!

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
so far i like it. the new targeting modes are interesting. i'll be sticking with hojam for the time being, it's much better now. flight controls are smoothed out enough i can get by with slight aim adjustments and not feel like i have to undefly/overaim.

slight issue i'm having is with forward/reverse strafe not acting as it has before when coupled. not sure what's happening but i think it doesn't reliably overide throttle inputs? idk, but aside from that i'm really liking what i've seen so far.

m50 felt weird for the first few matches, i think the joystick deadzone is less or zero or something.

incidentally the class 1 longswords are absolutely amazing. i will fly with nothing less. well maybe mass drivers, i haven't tried those yet. also the damage states on the m50 look amazing. i have literally never seen them before, so it's cool to see that happening now.

good stuff

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I like it. I've only tried it with my mouse, but i'll get out the HOTAS tonight and give my new hornet trainer a whirl.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Yes, there is. The new target focus mode in particular is amazing, but the esp and lag indicators alone make hotas viable.

Last edited:

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
Did they actually remove the joystick deadzones? does anyone know what they were using as the default deadzone value before?
also i wonder if messing with the deadzone will effect that ESP business. just playing around i set the deadzone value to .05 for my rotational controls and i'm wondering if i'm back to over correcting. if i set the deadzone to much less than that then my translational thrusters start acting up on joy2.

Forgot your password?