wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Have I told you about A2 Hercules Starlifter, one of the most versatile spaceships in game? ...now capable of transporting 108 passengers, all wearing seat belts?

All new hangar decorations can be placed on any cargo grid. I hope this is a feature, not a bug.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Passenger configuration:

StarCitizen 2024-08-18 21-34-50.png

StarCitizen 2024-08-18 21-33-47.png

StarCitizen 2024-08-18 21-24-20.png

StarCitizen 2024-08-18 21-25-13.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vehicle / Cargo / Personnel transport configuration

StarCitizen 2024-08-14 18-30-01.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Vehicle / Cargo / Personnel transport (tight)

StarCitizen 2024-08-14 19-45-29.png

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Have I told you about A2 Hercules Starlifter, one of the most versatile spaceships in game? ...now capable of transporting 108 passengers, all wearing seat belts?

All new hangar decorations can be placed on any cargo grid. I hope this is a feature, not a bug.
Glorious! Look at all of that leg room as well as the ability to not have to share a skinny armrest with the person beside you. Sure, it's like every seat is an isle seat with no window view, but it's guaranteed to be more comfortable than any economy flight & probably more than most business class flights.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Buggerit for a lark!
Does that mean I totally misinvested into that Spirit E1.
Since obviously a Spirit C1 can transport more people with almost the same comfort.
Minus the view, but you can make up for that with a pretty steward/stewardess and some free beer.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Buggerit for a lark!
Since obviously a Spirit C1 can transport more people with almost the same comfort.
Minus the view, but you can make up for that with a pretty steward/stewardess and some free beer.
Oh damn you're right! I'm gonna need crew and beer to entertain the passengers!

On a more serious note, this kinda stuff makes me excited to jump back in once the patch is out, even though realistically I won't ever have a single real passenger to transport. Simply the unrestricted nature of these new mechanics holds way more potential for fun gameplay then yet another fighter jpeg release would.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Buggerit for a lark!
OR reserve a segment of the seating for waitstaff & exotic dancers, install a stripper pole in the middle & there's your in flight entertainment / view.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Simply the unrestricted nature of these new mechanics holds way more potential for fun gameplay then yet another fighter jpeg release would.
True that. I already ponder how I can use cargo containers to add a second layer of seating in the C2.
It's such a waste of headroom, isn't it? ^^

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
True that. I already ponder how I can use cargo containers to add a second layer of seating in the C2.
It's such a waste of headroom, isn't it? ^^
You wouldn't be the 1st person to transport large quantities of people from 1 place to another inside shipping containers, though I believe that you'd care about their comfort more than the others given that they'd have paid you to haul them. This being said, would I describe that sort of flight as Mudhawk's Ark? LoL

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
This being said, would I describe that sort of flight as Mudhawk's Ark?
An ARK?
Never!
That would imply only 2 per kind per run. There's hardly enough intelligent races to make that profitable.
Besides, I was thinking more about stacking the floor with containers until there's just enough room on top for the chairs.
So as to not waste precious space. Plus you can tell your friends afterwards that you rode into town on a barel of cheep wine and a load of stims.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
An ARK?
Never!
That would imply only 2 per kind per run. There's hardly enough intelligent races to make that profitable.
Besides, I was thinking more about stacking the floor with containers until there's just enough room on top for the chairs.
So as to not waste precious space. Plus you can tell your friends afterwards that you rode into town on a barel of cheep wine and a load of stims.
I was more referring to transporting as many as possible, but IF we have to set a limit with the #2 involved, then perhaps a 2 drink minimum?

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I was thinking about the lines of :
"Pour me a scotch.
2 Fingers high.
And let Sven do the pouring.
He's got the biggest fingers...."
Or in the immortal words of the late, great Mister Elvis Presley:
One for the money, two for the show.

Talking about giving them a show...
What's gonna happen to them passengers if you open both ramps on a C2 .
While you dive through a planetary atmosphere?
And accidentially power down...?

We can transport the entire org in 185 of these!
184 if the pilots are members of the org too.
Even less if the turrets are manned.
TWICE as much if we bring enough beer... :-)

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I was thinking about the lines of :
"Pour me a scotch.
2 Fingers high.
And let Sven do the pouring.
He's got the biggest fingers...."
Or in the immortal words of the late, great Mister Elvis Presley:
One for the money, two for the show.

Talking about giving them a show...
What's gonna happen to them passengers if you open both ramps on a C2 .
While you dive through a planetary atmosphere?
And accidentially power down...?
Time to put the neme of the squadron to good use and TEST this theory!

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Time to put the neme of the squadron to good use and TEST this theory!
TESTing the sh*t out of things is obviously a must good sir.
But may I inquire if we got an official Jackass Team or is that gameloop still up for grabs?
Anyhow, gotta go and get my hands on a C2 and a couple of Makos with crew.
And a dozen dozen people who don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Maybe...
If i paint "Maiden Voyage: Grim Hex - Pyro" on the side of the C2...?
Hmmm...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Now, hear me out......Hull C with all the Seats on the various cargo spindles?
Take them through a jump pathway like that & they're guaranteed to get an experience they won't forget. If your pilot is excellent, you'll get the best word of mouth advertising possible, if they're not, well those that scrape the walls won't be complaining to anybody as they'll be stranded in unknown space. Just be sure to collect the money up front ever time.

• o7
Reactions: Garonman
Forgot your password?