Star Citizen wallpapers

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I have quite a few art styles that I really enjoy. My tastes in art, just as in music, are incredibly diverse. Some I like more than others, but I can appreciate a good piece of art. One of the styles I like, as I recently found out, has a particular name. It's retrofuturism.

I'm not quite sure about all that, because to me it's not a specific "style" of art. It's merely the style of artwork that I saw when I was growing up and had my nose in a book. It was the same kind of art I found on the covers of Heinlein, Asimov, Clark, Herbert, and many others. It was the vision of the future through the eyes of the artist.

It's similar to the style of the fallout games. Except, instead of the futuristic vision from the 1950's (everything atomic!), it was the vision of the future from the 70's. It's not so much that I really enjoy the style of art, but more that it has attached so many happy memories. Memories of countless fantastic adventures that played out in my head while reading the science fiction that shaped my young mind.

So today, I decided to find a new wallpaper for my monitors. Lately I have actually been re-reading some of those books and so I wanted to find something along that sentiment. I ended up running into some pretty good artwork but then I found some that was particularly applicable. It was PERFECT (well, pretty damn good at least).

Retro-Scifi-Wallpaper-4k-Terra.jpg
Retro-Scifi-Wallpaper-4k-Baker.jpg
Retro-Scifi-Wallpaper-4k-Vega.jpg

There are a few more as well. You can find them HERE

So what kind of gems have you discovered?

Forgot your password?