Star Wars Outlaws

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I know that Starfield has stolen the show in the all the discussions, but what do people think about the new SW game that's coming out?

Set between ESB and RotJ, it will be an open world focusing on a scoundrel character.

Graphics look pretty decent (nothing groundbreaking, but not bad), and the haters will hate because they need to play a female character, but honestly, this is the first Star Wars game since Fallen Order in 2019 and honestly, that was a disappointment to me so the first Star Wars game since Battlefront 2 that I think I might actually enjoy

I know not a lot is known just yet, but with this being the first non-EA SW game in a while when combined with the story they are advertising, I think it has the potential to be really good.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I think after what Disney did to SW, no one really cares.
Sadly even this short trailer reeks of their typical messaging we have learnt to associate with utter trash over the last decade. So yeah, some hate will understandably flow even before we find out if it was only the trailer written so badly (which has happened before) or the whole game is.

Frankly, this teaser has sold me on nothing apart from the next toy everyone will want to buy. That alien pet thingy is freakin CUTE! Superbly animated as well, all the budget went into that, cos the rest of it is mediocre at best. But it works, I already want one!

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Given it is Ubisoft, it may end up just a Far Cry/Division game with a Star Wars skin. If the story and gameplay are solid I may pick it up, but after trying to beat AC Valhalla and FC6, may have to wait a bit for the burn out to pass.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Now that I've seen the gameplay, I gotta say I'm interested in where this ends up. My level of investment has been raised significantly, to the point where I'm ready to complain about things, like having to play a female hahahaha. Nah just kidding, I couldn't care less about that if she is written well (fingers crossed but hovering over X to doubt).
What I do care about is how linear or not this world is actually going to be! Cos so far, this could end up like an asscreed/gta kinda game, which I'm totally fine with! Would be a nice change of pace after the snoozfest that Jedi: Soulslikefailed was.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
you threw a curveball on me. i had no idea this was coming. i will definitely play this one. looking forward to it.

Forgot your password?