Steam Controller

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
So my steam controller arrived yesterday, and so far I love it. Does anyone else have one, and how are they using it for star citizen? I haven't tried it on SC yet, but steam makes it super easy to export profiles. I just need to figure out how to add SC to steam.

I can definitely see it being better than my old xbox 360 controller. Between all of the cutomizability, and the two bottom buttons to use as modifiers, I think it can finally map most SC functions.

Reactions: Tiger and Blind Owl

eaglemmoomin

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
eaglemmoomin
I tried it out ages ago and it was oversensitive and difficult to control.

I've just spent several hours over the last couple of days tweaking everything and I think it's very nearly there. You can create different action sets that you can use with the controller depending if you are on foot or in control of a space craft or even EVA. You can set modifiers up to change what a button does or even tie multiple key presses to a single button. There's settings that can make a control do different things depending upon long press, double tap and so on. Then there are touch panels (that can have 16 actions with icons and colours attached to them) that can be activated for both trackpads using a modifier.

It's super powerful you can combine mouse, joypad and kb commands onto one controller and it all works. I think I'll be using this from now on.

Reactions: Tiger and Blind Owl

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
its actually not bad and if you customize the gyro controls it adds some nice free look and feathering. There are a few community layouts you can import and try then tweek to your needs.

Reactions: Tiger

einbruch

Commander
Oct 15, 2016
RSI Handle
einbruch
are there any profiles someone has for the 360 controller? i thought about buying the steam controller and steam link but haven't really heard anything good about the link.

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
are there any profiles someone has for the 360 controller? i thought about buying the steam controller and steam link but haven't really heard anything good about the link.
Do you mean Star Citizen profiles for a 360 controller, or 360 controller mapping for the steam controller? Star citizen uses a 360 controller as its default controller mapping, but you can definitely find other people's XML files around (not sure exactly where to search, I never used them). As for the steam controller, it has the same buttons (plus the two paddle grips) as a 360 controller, and you can change what the default profile is (there are multiple joystick-like setups for the touchpads)

Forgot your password?