Story TIme

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Do any of you have any personal ghost or UFO sighting stories that you'd feel comfortable sharing?

Unfortunately, I don't have any personal experiences but know a few stories from loved ones. I can start off with a UFO sighting that my Dad had during the Vietnam War. My Dad was an intelligence officer and was stationed at a base in Okinawa. One night he and a friend were walking somewhere at night during their off time and a stationary bright light shined down on them from way overhead. He said that he heard no sound whatsoever...and then after a minute or so it was gone.

Personally, I would likely have pooped myself. Maybe he did too, but he left that out of the story.

UFO Ghost! Art Print for Sale by adtrheather | Redbubble

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
In 1999 & 2000, I worked at a hotel that was haunted. Initially it was fun, because when I started working there, the hotel was haunted by a pair of ghosts that were little girls that enjoyed playing silly pranks on people, but were bored because nobody acknowledged them. So when I noticed them, I asked if they'd like to play games with me on certain guests. I was the night auditor, so I was there all night, every night. Our hotel also had a bar / restaurant, so we'd have people coming by the front desk for various things or checking in late due to various reasons. Of course I had to have fun with those that were a bit out of it. I'd have the girls move things around across the counter that were out of my reach into my reach in front of the guests, as though I was performing magic with a playful wink & smile. Think along the lines of the cartoon movie Fantasia with Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey. The next morning or evening when I'd see them next, they'd ask me about it & I'd play dumb, but the next time they were intoxicated near the desk, games began again. LoL Unfortunately eventually, the place was also haunted by a poltergeist of a guest that had been violently killed & his body dumped in a lake, that wasn't discovered for a few months. The man that was killed while checked in there turned out to be some sort of drug trafficker that had a deal somewhere go bad. I know this because I was at the hotel when his spirit showed up & was there when the hotel cleaning crew discovered his duffel bags of money & drugs. Since I was the MOD when that was found, I was the person that had to call the police. I can honestly say that the things that happened after the night his ghost showed up, would definitely make a lot of people uncomfortable.

Was this the sort of things you were looking for @NomadicHavoc ?

• Glorious
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Was this the sort of things you were looking for @NomadicHavoc ?
That's exactly the kind of experience I was looking for! I do have a few questions:
(1) Did you find the drugs and do a few lines before or after you played with the ghostly girls?
(2) Did you see any physical manifestations?
(3) What kind of poltergeist activity was going on?
(4) Do you know if there are still reports of activity?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That's exactly the kind of experience I was looking for! I do have a few questions:
(1) Did you find the drugs and do a few lines before or after you played with the ghostly girls?
(2) Did you see any physical manifestations?
(3) What kind of poltergeist activity was going on?
(4) Do you know if there are still reports of activity?
1) The poltergeist showed up about 6 months after I started there. The police searched the room & found the drugs & cash in the duffel bags in the drawers because he hadn't returned after checking in for a week & never messed up the room. As for his body, it was found a few months later, wrapped in a rug, bound with barbed wire & anchored to the bottom of a small lake. Found because we'd had a drought, so the lake level lowered long enough for a local jogger to see him in the water.

2) I was able to see & hear them, but the guests didn't. I had them moving pens & my cups with my soda in them about 6ft across the flat marble counter & then when I was done with the item they'd return it to where it had been. I also had them opening & closing doors for people that weren't automated and were occasionally locked, mostly because when they did that, if freaked out the security guards on duty. LoL The looks on the faces of the guests seeing what seemed to be magic ... priceless!

3) Lets see, the 2 that stood out most were, on a night with a clear sky, I watched a bolt of lightning come out of nowhere & strike the power transformer that only effected the hotel I was in. Another time, a water line in the ceiling of the top floor on the side of the building his room was on, burst & caused water to flow down all of the insides of the outer walls on that side only from the top floor to the bottom floor, leaving only a small width puddle along the floor against those walls. After the water was cut off & the rooms examined, only the burst pipe was damaged, no water damage somehow, according to the insurance adjuster.

4) Last I heard, after I no longer worked there, they'd shut the hotel down for several months & did a bunch of psychic & spiritual cleansing of the place before they reopened under another name. When the poltergeist showed up, the little girl ghosts got scared & only popped out when I was around. I know this because the person that was my replacement was a friend of mine that was spiritually sensitive as well & had met the girls several times before the jerk showed up.

The whole situation with the jerk was rather messed up, which is why it's burned into my memory so clearly. I hope that this helps answer your questions.

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
When I was an undergraduate student my wife (then girlfriend) and I were roommates in an apartment. One day, I was returning from Christmas break visiting my parents but had forgotten my apartment keys. I called my wife to meet me at the apartment to let me in. My wife got there before I did and went to the bathroom. While washing her hands she heard a very distinct playful wrap on the bathroom door 1-2 feet away from herself. She asked if I had found my keys after all but nobody responded. She called out several more times and when nobody responded she started to get really scared. Was there somebody else in the apartment? She eventually came out and called her parents on the wall mounted phone. She was too scared to search the apartment on her own and the cord would only stretch so far. When I got there, I searched the apartment and nobody was there.

My wife also saw someone out of the corner of her eye once and thought it was me but I was in another room. One of our other roommates had the same experience.

No other experiences in that apartment except our cat hissing at and chasing a friend down the hallway one day for no reason at all. He ran into my bedroom and shut the door with the cat aggressively reaching under the door with her paw in an attempt to get at him. That was particularly odd and yet very funny too.

Off topic - in that same apartment my male roommate and I chased off a peeping Tom outside of one of our female roommates bedroom. She had seen him lurking outside her window and screamed. He was long gone by the time we got outside. It was rather snowy out and we could see his tracks outside her bedroom window. Never did catch him though...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?