Story time

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Went to the bathroom at work today, and the person in the stall next to me was apparently just finishing up their business, as I hear:

wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe

A brief respite, and then I hear the toilet paper dispenser rattle a bit as more tissue is retrieved. And they continued.

The disturbing thing is, it was loud. Think about it - normally you don't consider this particular action as particularly noisy, but in this case, it wasn't subtle. There was no question as to what two surfaces were being rubbed together with vigor, and it had the volume and timbre of someone refinishing an end table with 80 grit sandpaper.

A third time the toilet paper roll rattled in its cage, and a third time came the sound.

Honestly, I was ready to offer them a Brillo pad. Not that I carry Brillo pads around with me, but the sound made it perfectly obvious that whatever paper product being retrieved from the wall dispenser simply wasn't up to the task. Tempted as I was to speak up and make a comment, I didn't - I just held my tongue and kept quiet. Because I knew that it was probably inappropriate for me to be in the women's bathroom anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: TestBot and BluChew

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
ITS LIKE WIPING A MARKER!!!

Very nice ending to your story.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
ITS LIKE WIPING A MARKER!!!

Very nice ending to your story.
Totally true story, other than the last sentence. (Though it actually was a few days ago rather than today. Still, the noise is etched into my memory as though it happened only moments ago.)

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Went to the bathroom at work today, and the person in the stall next to me was apparently just finishing up their business, as I hear:

A brief respite, and then I hear the toilet paper dispenser rattle a bit as more tissue is retrieved. And they continued.

The disturbing thing is, it was loud. Think about it - normally you don't consider this particular action as particularly noisy, but in this case, it wasn't subtle. There was no question as to what two surfaces were being rubbed together with vigor, and it had the volume and timbre of someone refinishing an end table with 80 grit sandpaper.

A third time the toilet paper roll rattled in its cage, and a third time came the sound.

Honestly, I was ready to offer them a Brillo pad. Not that I carry Brillo pads around with me, but the sound made it perfectly obvious that whatever paper product retrieved from the wall dispenser simply wasn't up to the task. Tempted as I was to speak up and make a comment, I didn't - I just held my tongue and kept quiet. Because I knew that it was probably inappropriate for me to be in the women's bathroom anyway.
MOAR STORY TIME!!!

Forgot your password?