HarmlessDecoy

Lieutenant
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
HarmlessDecoy
Where you from stranger?

The land of fjords and lutefisk.

What drew you to Star Citizen?

Chris Robert's animal magnetism and all-round manliness.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

I like slow, methodical gameplay where you can relax while playing. Trading, exploration, industry process stuff is great for that. I can't shoot my way out of a paper bag.

What was the first game you remember playing?

I played Polaris on the Atari 2600 until my fingers bled and got hooked for life on subs and submarine-related games.

What other games do you play?

Currently, anything that can be played semi-drunk. Kerbal space program, Witcher 3, Mount and blade: Warband, Civilization 5.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?

Just general forum presence and all-round positivity. Most of the fun in games like what SC looks to be is meeting new people so here I am.

Picard or Kirk?

Picard has, by far, the most aerodynamic coif. I don't fancy Kirk's chances in a wind-tunnel. Picard is best card.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
This is not a welcome, I am ignoring your thread.

That being said, please explain lutefisk to me. Ever since I heard about it, I never thought it sounded like an edible thing.

I can't shoot my way out of a paper bag.
Neither can I. And I'd still hit an asteroid.

Chairman Meow

Grand Admiral
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Chabby
This is not a welcome, I am ignoring your thread.

That being said, please explain lutefisk to me. Ever since I heard about it, I never thought it sounded like an edible thing.

Neither can I. And I'd still hit an asteroid.
I have no idea why it is either though its oddly still popular in some parts of Minnesota.

Quote from Garrison Keillor's book Lake Wobegon Days:

"Every Advent we entered the purgatory of lutefisk, a repulsive gelatinous fishlike dish that tasted of soap and gave off an odor that would gag a goat. We did this in honor of Norwegian ancestors, much as if survivors of a famine might celebrate their deliverance by feasting on elm bark. I always felt the cold creeps as Advent approached, knowing that this dread delicacy would be put before me and I'd be told, "Just have a little." Eating a little was like vomiting a little, just as bad as a lot."

Doozie

Rear Admiral
Donor
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Doozie
Lutefisk sounds, looks, and surely tastes like a form of torture. Welcome, your lutefisk skills are needed!

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
It's equal amounts of soap, fish, regret and chemical warfare.
Why would you eat that?? I can't even wrap my head around how it doesn't poison you...

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Why would you eat that?? I can't even wrap my head around how it doesn't poison you...
You gotta soak it in water for about almost a week to bring the pH level down to non-lethal levels. I think it has a pH of 11-12 after you soak it in lye.

I've had lutefisk once, it was awful.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Well, people frequently put bacon bits on top to trick themselves into thinking it's delicious.
Further proof that bacon makes everything better.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Someone mention Bacon....

Oh and welcome to Test... back to ignoring until bacon is mentioned again :)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Given the recent k-pop craze around here, you'll fit right in. Welcome to TEST!

Also, borrowing lutefisk to name one of my ships.

Mimameidr

Space Marshal
Jul 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Mimameidr
Lutefisk isn't that bad! It's all texture, no taste. I just doused it in butter and pepper and bacon and enjoyed it thoroughly. Also, welcome! If you ever want to try your hand at salvage you're welcome to join my crew, plus I could brush up on my Bokmål!

Forgot your password?